Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several weeks ago, immediately after we brought our Red Heeler (Cattle Dog) home, we were having a bit of a disagreement over chewies.... Co-Jack thought he should have ALL the chewies in the house, on our bed. I disagreed, I thought each dog should have their own chewy in their own space and was willing to let our bed be a "space" for the time being. I set about setting down the house rules and reappropriating chewies to their rightful owners. Co-Jack kept jumping down from the bed to take Zoey's chewie back up to his temporary lair. Round and round we went, Co-Jack stealing and me reappropriating. Finally he had enough of my guff, snatched my scissors from a nearby table and ran off down the hall. Sure, I knew this was another game of chase, but he did have scissors, I followed, yelling for my husband to stop the dog as he was running through the house with scissors. No thanks to him, I finally caught up enough to step on the leash trailing behind the little thief! Just then, my husband steps around the corner to ask, "what did you say?" "I said stop the puppy, he's running with scissors!" I replied. "Uh huh, that's what I thought you said...."

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Haha! My first dog used to steal and chew on knives. Only knives! I don't know why. Maybe because that got the most attention from the humans, LOL. My mom still has at least one knife with teeth marks on the handle :p. We eventually learned how to keep her from getting to knives (don't leave the dishwasher door ajar, don't leave them on the edge of the table/counters, etc.), now I guess scissor security will be the big thing in your house for awhile :D.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
UGH its a constant battle with my husband about why Lincoln needs as many chews as I can buy for him, 1)because then I can interchange them and 2) because if he doesnt have enough chews he WILL chew on SOMETHING and it WONT be a good something LOL.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Too funny!

I left a pincushion on the floor. Max thought it was a nice squeaky. He carefully pulled the pins out and neatly piled them on the floor next to it before playing with it. I swear I was gone 5 minutes, he must have thought i was holding out on him or something and was waiting for me to leave it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha! My first dog used to steal and chew on knives. Only knives! I don't know why. Maybe because that got the most attention from the humans, LOL. My mom still has at least one knife with teeth marks on the handle :p. We eventually learned how to keep her from getting to knives (don't leave the dishwasher door ajar, don't leave them on the edge of the table/counters, etc.), now I guess scissor security will be the big thing in your house for awhile :D.
Certainly! Although I have to note keeping the dishwasher open seems to keep him off the counter... he isn't grazing, so I think it's only the door serving as an obstacle?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UGH its a constant battle with my husband about why Lincoln needs as many chews as I can buy for him, 1)because then I can interchange them and 2) because if he doesnt have enough chews he WILL chew on SOMETHING and it WONT be a good something LOL.
Yup, why don't they "get it," we really aren't spoiling our dogs so much as doing damage control work here!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too funny!

I left a pincushion on the floor. Max thought it was a nice squeaky. He carefully pulled the pins out and neatly piled them on the floor next to it before playing with it. I swear I was gone 5 minutes, he must have thought i was holding out on him or something and was waiting for me to leave it.
They should give out ribbons for dogs so clever.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Mia chewed up a razor blade once. Didn't hurt herself but dang!

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
anything that comes in a pair, one of it is outside some where on the property.. Caucasians at least mine, are not chewers, but they are huge Kleptomaniacs.... On the dangerous side is when the miller moth season hit us and Abhik was jumping into the walls to catch them.. ???????????????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts