Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 1 year old Chihuahua-terrier mix. She is smart, and trainable, just way too hyper to pay attention (working on that) unfortunately i think she may have a bladder issue or a mental issue... she is on her way to mastering potty training, she will have an accident in the house on occasion but that's my fault for not taking her out right away. The issue is she pees in her bed... and its not like she doesn't know what shes doing... sometimes it'll be a run to her bed and squat kind of pee or it'll be the overly excited chihuahua wiggly butt kind of pee.. so crate training her has been kind of a bust... normal dogs don't sleep where they pee and pee where they sleep.. it makes it worst because the crate has a clip on food and water dish for small meals and its perfect, so at feeding time i let her in her crate and she can eat and have her water, away from my 2 year old and the cats. but i'm worried she has bladder issues or mental issues.. again its her squatting to pee in her bed, it goes against all dog instinct and nature.. i would be less concerned if it was out side of the crate, when she has to go she jumps and twirls at the door... so she knows out side is where to pee and poo.. but i am always cleaning her bed.. any thoughts?

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
If you think she has a bladder issue you need to get her to a vet for tests. One you've eliminated any medical issues (including incontinence) then you need to work on training as it could be marking behavior.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts