Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, everyone, I'm facing a huge problem right now, you see I own a female german shepherd, my friend owns a male pit bull, he has an argument with his dad about getting rid of the dog so it was either he gives it to me for a couple weeks till we find him a home or set him up for adoption

so he left it at my house my dog was a little aggressive at him she just lightly bites in the nack just to shove him it doesnt hurt him but he gets bullied by her alot unlike our nighbars male huskey which she gets along with pretty well

so today out of nowhere she jumps at him and started a serious fight with the pitbull and he kept whimpering and it was sad, luckily he didnt get injured but he was so scared, right now i dont know how to fix her aggressive attitude tured him we separated them both till we find a way to get them to get along

i think this is happening because shes on her period could that be the case? shes bleeding from her gentiles could she have this mood swings? what do i do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello, everyone, I'm facing a huge problem right now, you see I own a female german shepherd, my friend owns a male pit bull, he has an argument with his dad about getting rid of the dog so it was either he gives it to me for a couple weeks till we find him a home or set him up for adoption

so he left it at my house my dog was a little aggressive at him she just lightly bites in the nack just to shove him it doesnt hurt him but he gets bullied by her alot unlike our nighbars male huskey which she gets along with pretty well

so today out of nowhere she jumps at him and started a serious fight with the pitbull and he kept whimpering and it was sad, luckily he didnt get injured but he was so scared, right now i dont know how to fix her aggressive attitude tured him we separated them both till we find a way to get them to get along

i think this is happening because shes on her period could that be the case? shes bleeding from her gentiles could she have this mood swings? what do i do?
they were both fine for the past 4 weeks i dont know why she would out of nowhere attack him, now everytime shes near him she smells him and from his nack and starts attacking

·
Registered
73 Posts
they were both fine for the past 4 weeks i dont know why she would out of nowhere attack him, now everytime shes near him she smells him and from his nack and starts attacking
Okay so she came into heat and now she is angry because the male is around I've seen that before especially if they aren't ready for the male to seal the deal if you know what I mean. I'm guessing he was sniffing on her or going around her gave him warning signs then attacked. They really don't enjoy it when males go sniffing up on them in heat not ready. If it just started a couple of days ago you have 21 days or maybe more. I would keep them separated just for their safety. :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so she came into heat and now she is angry because the male is around I've seen that before especially if they aren't ready for the male to seal the deal if you know what I mean. I'm guessing he was sniffing on her or going around her gave him warning signs then attacked. They really don't enjoy it when males go sniffing up on them in heat not ready. If it just started a couple of days ago you have 21 days or maybe more. I would keep them separated just for their safety. :)

the neighbors male husky sniffs her down there and she doesn't mind it at all but when the male pitbull just sits there doing nothing she just sniffs and attacks without any reason, btw the pitbull is gay he only humps male dogs he never showed any intreast on female dogs

·
Registered
73 Posts
the neighbors male husky sniffs her down there and she doesn't mind it at all but when the male pitbull just sits there doing nothing she just sniffs and attacks without any reason, btw the pitbull is gay he only humps male dogs he never showed any intreast on female dogs
Dogs can't be gay lol but she might like the husky and doesn't like the Pitbull in season they are so moody. If they got along before then don't get along when she comes into season then it's because she came into season. I would separate them make her feel comfortable with toys and keeping her busy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dogs can't be gay lol but she might like the husky and doesn't like the Pitbull in season they are so moody. If they got along before then don't get along when she comes into season then it's because she came into season. I would separate them make her feel comfortable with toys and keeping her busy.

so how long is this gonna last? ive seen her bleed a couple of days now

·
Registered
73 Posts
i think so, she never acted this way and she recently for the first time started bleeding
Okay so you have 21 days to 30 usually it stops on the 21st day. Just keep her comfortable and the male away from her. Some place comfy for her.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay so you have 21 days to 30 usually it stops on the 21st day. Just keep her comfortable and the male away from her. Some place comfy for her.

why would she be okey with the male huskey but not with with the male pitbull that doesnt even go near here i dont understand?

·
Registered
73 Posts
If she doesn't keep herself clean get boxers put them on her backwards and then before you take her out make sure to take them off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
why would she be okey with the male huskey but not with with the male pitbull that doesnt even go near here i dont understand?
The male husky is in the neighbors yard not there all the time the Pitbull is around all the time. My guess is at some point he tried going after her when her scent changed to heat scent. She didn't like it and has out him in is place sense. That's my guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The male husky is in the neighbors yard not there all the time the Pitbull is around all the time. My guess is at some point he tried going after her when her scent changed to heat scent. She didn't like it and has out him in is place sense. That's my guess.

thanks alot for the advice ill give the pitbull to the neighbor hope they can accept

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks alot for the advice ill give the pitbull to the neighbor hope they can accept
Can you separate them in your house??? Put them in separate rooms even keeping the female on a lead away from the Pitbull will work some place with somebody watching her all the time. I have a 10 month old female Siberian husky that's in heat right now some of the pack she is okay with the others she isn't but she has calmed down a bit since I started watching her like a hawk making sure she doesn't just go off. Put her on a lead and leave her with constantly of she starts going after the Pitbull get onto her.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Crate both dogs. When the female is out of heat, spay her (if ever there was a reason to spay the OP has given every single one of them! Heats are NOT periods and are, in fact, the opposite just to start with!).

Just separate them. Two crates. Handle them separately. More work and crates are still cheaper than vet bills. That is the answer. Why does not matter and clearly the OP wants some other answer than a female coming into heat and not ready to stand. I hope the PB is neutered.

Just separate the dogs and find the PB a home if you can ASAP. If you cannot, then there are shelters for unwanted dogs. I am sorry and do not think I am not sorry but sometimes the answers are not fun and not easy.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Have to agree with 3GSD4IPO on this one. By your lack of knowledge of a heat cycle, that alone tells me that you should get your dog spayed ASAP. Leave nothing to chance. Keep them separated - if you don't have crates and the pittie is just staying with you temporarily, keep them in different rooms. Do not allow ANY interaction between the two. Once the other dog is gone, I'd also suggest doing some basic training with your dog as well. Learn how to properly avoid and/or manage interactions with other dogs in the future.

Honestly, I'd probably tell your friend that you can't keep his dog anymore - as his dog, it's also his responsibility to find a proper home. It isn't working out at your place - you tried, but oh well. Tell your buddy to figure it out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If I were in that situation I would call my friend and tell him to at the very least get the PB out of your house. Sorry if this seems inappropriate but it seems like your friend simply took the easy way out and made his problem your problem.

I understand you're friends and we all need friends but your house is your and your dog's comfort zone. Clearly your dog isn't comfortable with the PB at the moment even if he does nothing...he's still in ''her space'' so the best solution all round is to get the PB a deserving home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts