Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all: I'm taking her to the Vet this thursday, I booked in earlier today but I am so nervous and scared for her so I'm desperate for some kind of possible peace of mind.

I have a 2 year old Jack Russell female called Diamond, normally she is so greedy and all she wants is food food food! Well she's just finished being in heat so at first when she was being very dainty and gentle I assumed it was because of that, then I noticed she wasn't eating as much and now we've come to she will NOT eat anything unless she really reaaaally has to but she will literally finish her entire bowl of water in a minute or so...

She isn't being sick, her 'business' is the same consistency as usual and she does like to play sometimes but she mostly likes laying down and sleeping...which isn't much like her at all.

She's so young so I don't understand whats going on, I looked into it and some people are saying diabetes.

In case of diabetes, hopefully it wont come to it, does anyone have any suggestions on things to do for my dog to make her more comfortable and stuff?

In case of not being diabetes does anyone know what may be up with her?

Sorry for the long post it's just I'm so scared, my family are worried about her but they aren't looking much into it but I am genuinely almost at the point of tears when I see her laying there because I'm worried she may just out right die.

·
Registered
335 Posts
That can all be symptoms of pyometra... I'd be going to an emergency clinic instead of waiting until Thursday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is an emergency 24-hour vet (e-vet) somewhere near you. Get going. She could also have a twisted intestine. She needs medical attention now. Not in two days. Go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts