Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My dog was a stray dog when i found her, I rescued her a month ago, she was around 5 months old
The vet told me she's a bichon mix
Things were going great i house trained her learnig to sit and stand i took her on walks once or twice a day but since yesterday she's going nuts she'll run around the house like crazy a bark
The only thing i changed was trying to switch to raw food diet because it's easier to get that in my area
I don't know what to do now please help me
Oh and She's not spayed

·
Registered
750 Posts
More Excersize!
THAT is the key.
Raw food is giving your pup more energy, therefore you have a more active pup.

Also look for the Rev Up/Cool down thread in the pinned section of the training subforum.

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
Are you maybe talking about the puppy zoomies? Where they suddenly race around the house like mad for a minute or two and "go crazy"? LOL That's perfectly normal for dogs and it's harmless.

Sounds like she'd just running off some pent off energy. She probably need more exercise and/or mental stimulation. Kudos to you for switching her to a raw diet and kudos to you for rescuing her from a horrible life :)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
She's probably just now really getting comfortable in your home and now she's really showing her REAL side. puppy zoomies...:) they are fun.

Raw is good, and perhaps it's giving her more energy. That's a quick change though, maybe it's just her getting more comfortable. What is your exercise routine? Are you stimulating her mentally with training?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts