Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snowball just turned 5 months old and I'm taking her in to get spayed next week. I really don't want any puppies,although they're cute and cuddly.I don't want to be reposible for giving any away either.That's a big hassle right there.I'm fixing to take a kitten down to the shelter,I can't have one but somebody dropped one off. I'd like to find the owner,it's a simeese(sp?). I hope noboy thinks I'm a low life,but it's better to leave it at a shelter than to being found on the roadside. Will there be any changes taking place once she gets spayed?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
What?

No, it's better to keep the kitten until you find it's owner or a new one. You don't know what will happen in the shelter, most of them don't get homes.

As for your dog, she will need rest for about a week but it won't change her dramatically.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What?

No, it's better to keep the kitten until you find it's owner or a new one. You don't know what will happen in the shelter, most of them don't get homes..
I understand that part,but I'm not allowed any cats or kittens where I live. I've been trying to find a home but to no help. If it was left up to me I would keep it,Snowball likes other animals.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Then find a rescue group, not a shelter.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Actually, I've taken some kittens to the local Humane Society, and I see nothing wrong with it if you've really done your research. Almost all kittens will be adopted quickly, especially if she looks Siamese. I would never take an adult cat to the shelter, though. They almost never get adopted. IF your local shelter is a good one, that spays/neuters cats before adoption, and they aren't too crowded right now, I wouldn't hesitate to take a kitten to them. And make a good donation, too.

Good for you for having your dog spayed! It's realy the only way to be absolutely SURE you won't end up with unwanted puppies.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the kitten has found a new home,someone got it last night. I took the kitten up to the shelter,but they didn't inform that they were closed on Wed. when I spoke to them Tuesday.It was neat looking kitten and I would've kept it,but since I can't have any here,I didn't keep it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts