Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hello. :) Thanks for taking a look at this thread.

Anyways, I have an 8 year old miniature poodle dog named Suki who recently had fleas, approximately a week ago. First, we took him a shower with the flea shampoo brand "scratchex" however there werent more left, so we decided to go to Petsmart to get some flea medicine AND flea shampoo. I got Zodiac, and applied it on him, and we waited for a response. But the fleas were STILL there. And, flea shampoo we got Sentry. Just a few days ago, about two, we took my dog another shower (as he HAS oily skin and he needs one). His skin was great, the minute we were done, but as soon as that happened, when the skin dried, more fleas were showing up, about one or two each day. Then, today, we decided to return the flea soap, and flea medicine because of bad reports I read about OTC medicine!!!!! Then we went to Petsmart to get my dog his old food (royal canin) so he can have a happier diet ( ive heard healthier dogs are safer from fleas! ) and I read somewhere that garlic helps to repel fleas when they suck on my dog's blood, so I put A LITTLE amount of garlic. He finished his meal. But just a few hours ago, I noticied there was a flea on his head. We had bought Baby shampoo because of recommendation, so, I'm not so sure about giving him a shower now, in case it's not safe for his skin. So, I need opinions about this...

Since I applied Zodiac last week, I can't apply Frontline or Advantage (so I will purchase later) I have to wait for a month...?

Thanks for your opinions! Please reply fast !​

buuuuuuuuuuuump

·
Registered
77 Posts
When you are washing the dog with flea shampoo, and everything, are you vaccuming all furniture and washing your clothes, bedding, etc? The shampoo should work, but also it's good to use revolution from your veteranary which covers all like fleas, ticks,ear mites, etc. ....that's what I use every year for 6 months at a time, it's more better then advantage or frontline. If you get the book Dr.Kid's Guide to Herbal Dog Care, in there it says that getting Echinacea and using it every day for 3 week, and 1 week off, it DEFINATELY keeps the fleas away. Garlic isn't good for dogs, and also when washing dog, they say that using a few drops of dawn dish soap in there bath water kills them instantly. Why don't you try that and let me know if it helped ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts