Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Ok, I'm not a religious person myself but I need to point out that publicly dissing someone else's religion is unacceptable. This forum is populated by loving dog-owners of EVERY religion (or lack thereof) so we are expected to be respectful of that. I removed the post and all the replies, so carry on.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Here's an idea. Why don't you see if anyone else at your Church likes or have dogs. Then you can arrange for your own pinic with these people along with their dogs.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Here's an idea. Why don't you see if anyone else at your Church likes or have dogs. Then you can arrange for your own pinic with these people along with their dogs.
I actually think that's a good idea...

Most churches have "groups", Single's groups, they have kiddie-church, they have groups for couples, teenagers... Why not ask the appropriate people and see if you can't start your own group?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Oh that could be fun!!! You could plan outtings are local dog parks and stuff.....ooooo I should talk to hubby about maybe setting something like that up at our church!! Except "local" for everyone at my church is somewhere totally different, lol...hmmm we'll have to think about that.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Here is something funny.. I attend a small church and the minister said he would LOVE it if my dog came to Service! Seriously, He did.

That would be fine until she started to sing hyms....

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Here is something funny.. I attend a small church and the minister said he would LOVE it if my dog came to Service! Seriously, He did.

:p Cute!

My church has about 400ish...that would be a lot of dogs!!!!

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

If I brought my dog I have a feeling I would be asked to not only not bring the dog back, but not come back myself!! I would be very surprised to see a dog in church.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
I was surprised when he said it too. The thing is, like your dog, she is trained. She would stay lying down and in one spot until I told her otherwise.

Zero would probably fit right in. :)

Our church is very small.. most services have about 12 people in attendance and that is a big day. Most of the parishoners are over 75.. which helps me to feel young. LOL They all like dogs. Only 2 miles down the road. I can walk there.

·
Banned
352 Posts
If I brought my dog I have a feeling I would be asked to not only not bring the dog back, but not come back myself!! I would be very surprised to see a dog in church.
My wifes Guide dog sits under the front row seats during services. She is quiet as a church mouse (forgive the pun) except sometimes when she shifts position she can give out a little loud sigh, which usually tells Pastor that he has gone too long in his message.

My wifes retired Guide dog sometimes comes along and sits in the "prayer corner" where folks who are troubled sometimes come to be alone and pray, and she does good therapy work there. I have seen how moved some folks are by just being able to talk alone in the prayer corner, when they think no one else will understand but God and the dog.

At our other church when my wife would sing in the choir, her Guide would "creep" forward out from under the seat to try and be near her. But she never joined in on the singing.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
There are several restaurants I no longer go to, because despite their outdoor patios (which are outdoor accesable), they don't let me bring the dog on the patio. I once took Sadie to a restaurant which is known to be dog friendly, and I specifically brought her because my friends all said we'd eat on the patio. We got there and everyone wanted to go inside. Instead of taking her home, I left her in the car and pouted while everyone ate. Now, they know if they invite her, we ARE eating outside. But I'd only bring her when she's invited.

I'm not a church person, but it would depend on the event. If I was invited to an outdoor event in a park, regardless of who was holding it, I'd like to bring a dog along. But I am careful to be respectful, she NEVER rushes up to people, does not jump, etc. Would NEVER steal food. Now if someone told me they were afraid of dogs, I'd be fine with not bringing her back. If they told me dogs don't belong in a park, I wouldn't be back either.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Even though your dog was so well behaved she was probably worried if she let you bring your dog, next time others who did not have as well trained dogs would bring theirs. It is a shame that the well trained dogs have to suffer because of other people's untrained dogs.
I don't buy that AT ALL! We were always served that kind of excuses back when we were in Montreal: What if I accept that you have a dog and all tenants gave one, if we allow dogs in the restaurant everyone will want to come with their dog, and so on.

Guess what, here dogs are allowed pretty much anywhere (except parks lol) and we are the only apartment out of 40 to have a dog, there are very few dogs that are taken to the restaurant, when we go camping there are a few dogs and they're not a nuisance, on beaches where dogs are allowed there are not many and do not go on a rampage.

Believe it or not, most people are intelligent enough to know when and where to bring their dog. And those who take poor care of their dogs are not usually interested in bringing them to functions.

I like bringing my dog places, I do so when it fits in with the kind of function being held, in that case I would have brought Akira: I can't see how it could bother someone to see a dog at an outside picnic in a public park. I would not have been very polite with the lady telling me not to bring my dog.

I am dead scared of pigeons, allergic to pollen and the sun, I don't like children but part of life is coping with those things you can't eliminate everything that you simply don't like.

On a side note, I would probably consider going to church if dogs were allowed during services :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
If ya'll want to take your dogs everywhere you go, you should probably move to France!! They allow dogs everywhere, but not kids and babies!!!

:D

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
If ya'll want to take your dogs everywhere you go, you should probably move to France!! They allow dogs everywhere, but not kids and babies!!!

:D
Sounds like my kinda place!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Tell that woman, that your dog was blessed at YOUR churc on St.Francis Assisis day(October 4th, if she asks), she will be stunned to hear that.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts