Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog, Nixie, has recently developed a sore on her snout. I first noticed it yesterday night, and 24 hours later, it appears as though it may be a little worse than it was yesterday. If it continues to worsen, I definitely plan on taking her to the vet, but I was hoping someone can tell me if it looks suspicious, so I took some photos of it: http://goo.gl/ejtTZ

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Looks like u may need to take Nixie in for a vet visit. That is not a " day in the life of a dog "injury". But, I am sure vet can fix her issue easy :) - she needs vet help tho - help her out, k

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I'd definitely check it out with the vet. It could be as simple as contact dermatitis (what sort of food dish do you use? Is it plastic? But it also looks like it could be the start of something worse - possibly lupus. At any rate, I'd want a vet's opinion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! Nixie has two food dishes; one is ceramic, and the other is plastic (one in the bedroom, one in the living room). Typically, she eats from the ceramic one more. We'll take her to the vet perhaps tomorrow morning, or Monday if they can't fit us in then (our vet is closed Sundays).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts