Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dog who was 8 and 1/2 years old and a great dog had to be put to sleep yesterday. He was in horrible pain and when we went to a veterinarian university in our area to figure out what it could be we found out it is almost surely rapid onset cancer. He would have had to go through all sorts of testing and been heavily medicated away from home for probably a week. With the most likely results being that there was not much that could be done except have him be in continued pain till he died. He wasn't eating and could not stay standing with ease any more. I am so sad. It went from a sore paw a month ago to pain all over, not eating, and unable to stand like normal yesterday.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
I'm so sorry that this happened. You made a hard decision with your dog's quality of life in mind. I hope you take care of yourself and find joy and healing in your memories.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I'm so sorry. Sometimes, though, the best thing for them is to let them go.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I’m very sorry for the loss. Your heat will heal, little by little. Let the love & memories sustain you.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I feel your pain.... We just lost our 9.5 year old Great Dane to Torsion not long ago.... may he be forever in your heart.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts