Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, a few days before Christmas.... and just about when I was ( we were ) at out wit's end. Two days before Christmas it was like the light turned on in her head as far as getting housebroken.

It started on Friday when we were out on the leash, and she started whining when I tried to bring her in. So we stayed out and she did her business.... and since then, not a single accident in the house.

Last night was interesting. As soon as we took her outside, she pooped... that NEVER happens. But I could see that she was struggling to go. After 15 minutes outside with her, she decided to stop trying to go. We went inside. After about 10 minutes she was upstairs with my wife, and she was crying. My wife told me - weird as this sounds - that the dog was crying and looking at her own butt. So, I decided to take her right back out, where she immediately went again.

Then I brought her in, took her off her leash, and she started giving me tons of kisses - and by no means is she a very kissy dog.

So, fingers crossed, and 6 days with zero accidents, I think my dog gave me a Christmas present. And not a minute too soon. This puppy was incredibly harder to train than any other I have ever had.

·
Registered
262 Posts
As the "mom" of a 7-month-old pup, I am really happy for you!! Amazing when they finally "get it", isn't it? I have had a dog that was hard to train before this one, so totally understand your being at your wit's end, and then BINGO! Sometimes they just make us go "whoa, what was that all about"...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As the "mom" of a 7-month-old pup, I am really happy for you!! Amazing when they finally "get it", isn't it? I have had a dog that was hard to train before this one, so totally understand your being at your wit's end, and then BINGO! Sometimes they just make us go "whoa, what was that all about"...

Ours is 7 months old, too! ( as best as anybody knows.... she was a rescue )

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
She is a good girl!!! :) Congrats! :) It can be almost exhausting waiting for the lights to go on! I have always had incredibly good luck house training. But my little Leeo took over a year to get it. He is very smart but I think being the runt he had some issues with bladder development. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts