Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third time I have caught our rescue eating her own poop when she goes inside on or near a pee pad. This happens if she does not go poop when we take her out in the morning. She know we don't want her pooping inside, so this is her way of saying, "I will get rid of it myself!" She just eats some of it.

I know there are a lot of threads regarding potty issues but I would like more specific info on teaching our sweet rescue (Miniature Pinscher mix) to poop out side if she needs to go a second time during the afternoon or has not done her morning poo. Also, lately when I have said, "NO!!!".....she has pooped on a pee pad when I was not near here, then brought the poop in her mouth and dropped it in front of me! Also, once I caught here eating some of the poop to get rid of it before I could clean it up. This may be a hard habit to break because she is 2 years old and had a litter of 6 on May 21. We got her on August 6th and are the 4th people she has been with in 2 years. The original owners had her for a 1 1/2 years and the wife had a stroke. They had to give her up. She was with 2 fosters while she was pregnant and had the puppies. Before we got her, she would go outside with 4 other dogs the foster had in the back yard. We live on acreage and she will always need to be on a leash. She chases squirrels!!! We have snakes and cows too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts