Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MIL is supposed to babysit during the day and she is "SUPPOSED" to watch my puppy too, but she has NOT done a very good job at thsi so far.. i come home todestruction, and the dog has been having alot of accidents inside.. I may need to crate her for at least half the day while I am at work because my MIL just isnt' capable of keeping an eye on the puppy..

Anyway, I THOUGHT I picked all the ant baits up when I got her.. I was wrong, I must've missed one, and I just found it chewed up..I am assuming this happened yesterday. It is chewed past the point of even being able to read the label, but its mostly chew marks and not pieces missing.

I called the vet and he said if she hasn't showed signs of poisoning at this point, I probably got lucky.

I am still really worried though :( Anyone elses dog do this before? she is only like 6lbs.. she had some diarrhea yesterday, and her poop was pretty soft this morning, but not waht I'd call diarrhea.. He said to watch for signs of siezure, vomiting, lethargy, etc..

I'm really worried! she is seeing the vet on Thursday for shots.. I'm nervous its going to work slow like shut down her systems before we notice anything is wrong. What would you do?

·
Registered
291 Posts
the plastic ones with the little entrances? My Jack Russell did once this summer, he is 15lbs and was completely fine. Try suggesting a little more water to her, and just keep a closer eye on her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts