Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
This was an easy one for me. I put jumping up on a surface on cue (up). I generalized the cue by using it with tables, the couch, the bed, different chairs, big rock on a trail etc... After that is was simply a matter of patting my own back and saying "up".

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Very cool :)

I've been wanting to train my dogs to do this, but found it really awkward to try to lure it and they didn't get it and then I gave up on it. How did you do it?
I like troglo's idea! But I also taught it just by luring. It was not really planned, as I was just lying on the ground using the computer. But then I thought "why not" and I pulled out a treat and held it over my back OPPOSITE of where my dog was standing. Of course at first she jumped over my back and such, but eventually she got one paw on my back as I held the treat higher, and I rewarded for that. She got the idea. It was a great ab work out for me too.
Though my dog is 12 lb; I couldn't teach this to Soro (76 lb) because he literally just steps over my back. And when I thought about it I decided he didn't need to learn this one :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts