Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We had a black lab .its was only 9 months old. we got him in aug 2007 and named him "Boozer" , he looked so cute little black pup we simply adored him and his goofiness.

Taking things in mouth running here and there, being a hyper dog. We simply loved him for being so live. i used to walk him without leash and without any training. i remember it was raining and he got in back yard . And my sis went and said " mom where’s boozer".

She kept looking and went in back yard , called up his name "Boozer".

And out of a 2 feet deep mud hole she saw his head "he was brown: D " and all covered in mud and started running.

Hehe simply loved the ol'day's

One day he went out and never came back. We thought someone probably stole him :( it was almost a year. And we all missed him so much .so I decided to get a Tibetan mastiff, I am going to Tibet this October to get it.

and just yesterday we were all shocked . And tears filled our eyes as we saw Boozer hitting door with his paws on our door.

we were all shocked and very happy :rolleyes: that he came.

He still has the same old red collar on his neck we know it’s him
But he is hugeeeeeeeeeee. Like seriously he has gained so much strength that my mom n sis can not walk him. He even pulls me if i don't pay attention.
He obeys my commands though: D

K a strange fact that I noticed about him in his behavior.

- I was walking him and his was marking the turf with his piss the same way wild animals do in jungles and wolfs and other animals .

I’m confused about this marking thing and the fact that he was stolen.

If he wasn't stolen then where was he and he wouldn't be in such a great shape but it explains the marking turf with piss behavior.

if he was stolen then it is only noticeable that someone took good care of him and training but the marking thing with his pisss? :confused: I’m confused

Any guesses????

PS:- i will upload our reunion pics latter :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Marking is instinctive in animals.
Why go to Tibet for a Tibetan Mastiff? They are here you know. Makes your story sound just a bit fictional. Boozer sounds like a great dog and if your story is true, I hope you are all just a bit more responsible this time around.

·
Registered
126 Posts
dogs marking their territory is not a wild animal instinct, its an animal instinct...dogs do it all the time it's normal, you might be able to correct it with neutering, but he may have done it for so long now that he doesn't stop. You will have to train him that its not acceptable to be doing this in your home, belly bands might work, its a wrap you tie around his belly to prevent marking in your home. Quincy is neutered but he still marks, outside at every tree, every rock, every pile of leaves etc etc. If that is the same collar he had on a year ago, please be sure to check it isn't to tight now.

It's not unheard of for dogs to travel miles to reunite with their family. I have heard many stories of this happening.

Ty Skelaki for posting what I was thinking....lol...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marking is instinctive in animals.
Why go to Tibet for a Tibetan Mastiff? They are here you know. Makes your story sound just a bit fictional. Boozer sounds like a great dog and if your story is true, I hope you are all just a bit more responsible this time around.

yea Boozer is great .He got out when he was with my sister i wasn't home at that time.

I want to get a Tibetan Mastiff (TM) because TM's and HM's are endangered species and i want to protect them, Me and my friends are going to make a joint kennel . TM's will only be given without charge to people who we have known and trust :) .

i know it sounds fictional but yea ..its true

dogs marking their territory is not a wild animal instinct, its an animal instinct...dogs do it all the time it's normal, you might be able to correct it with neutering, but he may have done it for so long now that he doesn't stop. You will have to train him that its not acceptable to be doing this in your home, belly bands might work, its a wrap you tie around his belly to prevent marking in your home. Quincy is neutered but he still marks, outside at every tree, every rock, every pile of leaves etc etc. If that is the same collar he had on a year ago, please be sure to check it isn't to tight now.

It's not unheard of for dogs to travel miles to reunite with their family. I have heard many stories of this happening.

Ty Skelaki for posting what I was thinking....lol...

lol sorry i forgot to mention . He only marks outside :p

yea i checked it . It's collar is lose ^_^ .

Thanx guy's. I'll Upload the reunion pic's soon :)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Tibetan Mastiffs are hardly an endangered breed of dog they are rapidly gaining popularity around the world.

What are you plans for a TM kennel?
how do you plan on bettering the breed?
What venues do you plan on showing in?
what kind of training do you pla on giving the dogs?

congrats on getting your old dog back.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankx a lot
Tibetan Mastiffs are hardly an endangered breed of dog they are rapidly gaining popularity around the world.

What are you plans for a TM kennel?
how do you plan on bettering the breed?
What venues do you plan on showing in?
what kind of training do you plan on giving the dogs?

congrats on getting your old dog back.
I know that about TM's

me and 2 other guys we plan on getting the pure breed and breeding only when they want . NO pushy pushy. we dont want to improve their temper we love them as they are they wont be showed in any show neither they will be sold . They will be kept in a huge farm and looked after. No training ^_^

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Thankx a lot

I know that about TM's

me and 2 other guys we plan on getting the pure breed and breeding only when they want . NO pushy pushy. we dont want to improve their temper we love them as they are they wont be showed in any show neither they will be sold . They will be kept in a huge farm and looked after. No training ^_^

No training? ALL dogs need training especially TM. I think you need to do some reading So you want to breed? The Breeding Issue (his Name Is Sam)

With your attitude, I can see why no TM breeder here would sell you a dog.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Funny that this person is posting things that everybody on this site disagrees with, please be careful about what you post, you could be 'feeding'.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Tibetian Mastiffs are also known to have Hip, Elbow, and Thyroid problems If you plan on breeding them you should get your dogs checked for all of those conditions otherwise you'll be breeding very unhealthy puppys that die or have to be put to sleep and at early age because of their problems.

(I just saw your post CS I'll stop now)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thankx everybody for ur replies ..

yea don't worry we will keep them checked

one thing that u guys don't know is that dogs never ever attack family i have lived with non trained tms before and i don't need to train them , why the hell should i ?

i am not gona sell it or give it to someone just like that ..

and

@cshellenberger

1) for ur info i dont even wanna buy tm from anyone OK? did u even see me yelling i wanna buy it? don't make assumptions i wanna buy it OK? for me buying a pup is like yea that's my slave ..i don't do it OK? u would have known it by seeing that video.

2) i am going to Tibet to get it from its natural habitat. don't wanna get it from anywhere else -.-

3) i have seen Gaddi kuttas ( they are cross between Himalayan mastiff and man eater Indian dogs) in action ..i saw him kill a leopard infront of my eyes to protect a village in mountains .what do u want more ferocious then that ?

4) stop saying u cud be feeding me more .

if u don't like it don't reply my topic simple as that.

@keechak

thankx a lot about informing me about that breed but i have done my homework on it and being doing it from past 2 years.

there is no over population for this breed because if u know only 100 of these PURE bred TMS are left all over world. So yea wana increase that number. is it wrong to save a pure breed? ^_^

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
You're new here, so perhaps you don't understand. The people on this site advocate for RESPONSIBLE breeding practices, what you are talking about doing is not responsible especially when you are talking about the preservation of a breed. The ONLY. Reason to breed is to IMPROVE a breed of dog, to eliminate the known Heath problems and to make it better. You say you love this breed, so breed RESPONSIBLY and make your breed of choice better.

Also, you might want to watch the tone with Moderators. I, and the other mods on this site volunteer our time to keep the peace on this site, we see people come here all the time with the express purpose to cause trouble so when someone comes here be makes posts that go againt what this forum advocates we treat them with suspicion.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
look i wont say it again . stop making assumptions about me and that i would do this or that. your talking about my attitude look at urs -.-. what did i do? posted a story of my dog earlier then this topic and a video for not buying pups from puppy mills that all did i offended ,NO. -.-

and for the breed. we here in northern india love it as it is ..we gonna improve on its weaknesses and for other things we all love that breed as it is . don't plan on giving to outsiders of this country anyway. sometimes i wish they never gifted Tibetan Mastiff to that queen. so it would be safe by now.

as for regarding breeding enough said on this topic ..i will post things about main topic , like my dogs pics soon

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
-.- i stated that in introduction section ...incase u missed http://www.dogforums.com/15-attention-all-new-members/51044-hi-i-am-sunny.html
Not everyone reads the introduction forum, so it would have been nice to have mentioned it again. And try not to take offense at what others may write. Everyone here cares about their animals or they wouldn't be here. Try and take posts in the spirit in which most of them are written...to offer advice and help. Getting angry helps no one, least of all, yourself.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I might have missed something here, but how does being from India make irresponsible breeding a good idea?

Also, what do you mean when you say "sometimes i wish they never gifted Tibetan Mastiff to that queen. so it would be safe by now"? I mean, I would have thought that the Tibetan Mastiff would be from Tibet. Which I don't think is part of India, but China. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I might have missed something here, but how does being from India make irresponsible breeding a good idea?

Also, what do you mean when you say "sometimes i wish they never gifted Tibetan Mastiff to that queen. so it would be safe by now"? I mean, I would have thought that the Tibetan Mastiff would be from Tibet. Which I don't think is part of India, but China. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
breeding responcibly in the United States and Bredding Responcibly in India may be completely different things. I doubt he has access to a program like OFA. And people in India don't usually buy dogs for pets like they do here in america, so there aren't a whole bunch of back yard breeders trying to saturate the pet market. The dogs being bred in places like this are normaly bred for a purpose. For the TM I would assume it is being bred as a guard dog or draft dog.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.