Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

My dog barks at me when I want to leave but stays alone perfectly when I leave with my husband

973 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  petpeeve 
#1 ·
First dog owner here! My dog is female shihtzu 11 months old. This starts when was only the few days after we took her out of crate totally(she used to be alone in crate) . First time I accidentally I found out that she is whining and crying after I left the house. I opened the main door and put her in the crate and proceeded to leave , then she started barking non stop. The barking is annoying as she bark very loud and we live in apartment. From now on when I want to leave she start to bark no matter how much I ignore her ; But when me and my husband want to leave, she is very calm and she will sleep until we are back with not a single bark. For few days,I started to pretend I'm leaving and if she was calm I gave her treat but once I turn my back to open the main door she will bark as loud as possible non stop. Even I tried to put her in crate and leave her in room so she doesn't see me to get dressed up but still the problem exist. Only for me when I'm alone and want to go out🙄 I don't think that's seperation anxiety because she is doing fine alone, and she is doing fine when I am leaving her with my husband alone. I dont know how to take this behavior away from her. The vet said it's because she is going through hormonal changes and will be ok when we neutering her, but I'm worried and want to correct her as soon as possible. If this helps she is experiencing fake pregnancy too and we should neutering her after a month after the phase is ended. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.