Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog ate a cupcake with chocolate icing, she grabbed it right off the counter when we weren't looking. I am not sure how bad they are for dogs whether this is serious or I should just look foward to cleaning up throw up. She is 45 lbs so she might be able to handle it a little better than a small dog. I am just not sure how much chocolate a dog can eat before you have some big time worry!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,195 Posts
I would keep an eye on her, but I don't think you have too much to worry about...that's JMO. Like you mentioned, if she were a much smaller dog, it would be cause for some concern.

Keep us posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,131 Posts
I would really not be worried. My girl Kechara wieghs 35 pounds and she ate a whole 4 oz bag of nestle milk chocolate treasures once without any side affects, even my vet told me not to worry. It takes over a pound of milk chocolate to even make a dog that size sick
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,177 Posts
If you had reason to be seriously concerned, taking the time to get opinions on an Internet forum would be exactly the wrong thing to do.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top