Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog always barking to the strangers, anyone can tell me if anti-barking collar will help?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Before you shock your dog in the neck for being a dog, what else have you tried? What situations is he barking in? Is he on a leash or behind a fence? What breed of dog do you have?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
My dog always barking to the strangers, anyone can tell me if anti-barking collar will help?
We need a lot more information about your situation before we can answer your question. Does he bark at stranger just when they go by the house? Or when you walk him? Or when strangers actually come to the door? How often does this happen? What have you tried? How old is the dog? How long have you had him? Please give us more information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't buy the anti barking collar as yet. Try to get to understand the reasons why he is barking first. The information that you have provided is not suffice to help provide a solution.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How much have you socialized the dog? Have you ever given him the chance to feel like other people are friendly with him and don't need to be automatically barked at?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
If your dog is barking at "nothing", some people may advocate an anti-bark collar. But if your dog is barking at strangers, anybody worth their salt will tell you TRAINING (without one) is required, to resolve or at least abate the issue. Training will take time, effort, and a sufficient knowledge of dog behaviour.

Either way, if you don't have the neccessary skills to do this yourself ... then please seek personal assistance from someone who does.

I would not recommend an anti-bark collar, in any case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts