Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of an inside joke. Here are Bones, Halo, and Friday (Cinnamon)

Lord Bones:

Lord Halo

Lady Friday is a Lady and she says: Don't take a picture of that!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Fun pictures!

It looks like the one pooped out a Chihuahua! Lol. :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
They look about as Dire Wolf-y as the dogs on GoT...
Why didn't they use American Alsatians? They were bred to mimic the Dire Wolf.

Anyway, your Dire Wolves are quite . . . um . . . dire? Beautiful, certainly.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Why didn't they use American Alsatians? They were bred to mimic the Dire Wolf.
Because this is an American Alsatian...

... LOL I'd be more convinced if they used Siberian Huskies than if they wound up using American Alsatians.

They may have initially been bred to the image of a direwolf, but that doesn't seemed to have worked out too well.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I'd rather see Sarloos Wolfdogs or Czech wolfdogs. That would be much more convincing. This is the first time I've ever heard of American Alsatians. Not a fan.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I'd rather see Sarloos Wolfdogs or Czech wolfdogs. That would be much more convincing. This is the first time I've ever heard of American Alsatians. Not a fan.
Me neither. I've seen a couple around, I think there's one or two rather prolific breeders in the area.

I think I would have most liked to see Czech wolfdogs (over Saarloos wolfdogs, Tamaskans, and NIDs).

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I'm not all that impressed by the Saarloos or Czech wolfdogs; I think they look more like GSD/husky mixes than wolves (I know they originated with GSDs and wolves). I can usually suspend my disbelief when movies and TV shows get huskies to play the wolves, as long as they go for ones with more wolfy coloring and markings rather than the classic masked black/white or silver/white "movie sled dog" look that I'm sure most laypeople picture. White, agouti, wolf grey, and sable Sibes could all probably make decently convincing direwolves.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Nice pictures, except for the last one where your dog is doing business...that's private you know! Dire Wolves are such cool creatures, too bad they went extinct. I love any type of dog that looks a bit wolfish. Crantastic--don't forget that one movie "Buck", where they made a GSD play a wolfdog, I believe. Now that breed doesn't even resemble a wolf unless they're all white or black.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts