Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just texted me that he just got two poma-chug puppies. I am absolutely gutted by this. I'm having trouble getting ahold of him for more details but I suspect they came from somewhere disreputable because his apartment does not allow dogs and rescues will call. More news to come. D:

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
So he plans to hide these puppies from management? LOL. I mean, my brother and his roommate managed to have 2 cats in a no-pets apartment, but puppies are a little harder to hide! Well, at least little dogs are easier to re-home :/.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he's gotten away with a puppy before (my brother tends to get a puppy, keep it for a few months, then give it back to whoever he got it from. *cry*) because an individual owns their property (I guess it's more a small house than an apartment) and he lives out of town and hardly ever comes by. I'm very upset, though, because aside from them not even being allowed dogs where they live, Sydney spent the first two years of her life in a cage because of my dad's rules about dogs in the house. She was my brother's dog and he basically said she needed to be in the cage if no one is watching her because she ruined some things. But then as she got older she became less novel and spent almost all day in their for two years. She came to me completely unsocialized. I'm almost in tears thinking about that happening to another pup, much less two. Of course they have no idea about siblings bonding to one another either, so that's going to become a problem too. So upset. :( I almost don't want to get involved, but I know without my help they will be even worse off.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sorry wrong thread

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I sent my dad some articles on littermate syndrome and he decided to return one of the puppies. I feel bad because he feels bad, but I'm really proud he actually considered the information and made a responsible decision. It sucks though, because he got the dogs because he's lonely (my youngest brother just went to college and my second youngest still lives at home, but is never really around) and yet he decided to give back his puppy, while my idiot brother keeps "his." It will be much tougher to reach him with advice than my dad, too. :( My brother really has no business keeping animals...my dad makes huge mistakes but he at least cares about their long-term well being. My brother is a serial puppy dumper. Hopefully my dad will maintain some control of the situation.

He plans on moving sometime soon and I think I'm going to encourage him to find a place that allows dogs. Then I can help him pick out a nice older dog in rescue that's already house-trained and relatively stable and calm. He could really use a companion but he went about it all wrong.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Pomawhatnow?

I'm glad he's listening to you. I think dogs are wonderful for older people. They provide companionship and promote exercise, but there's a right way to do that and a wrong way to do that. I can understand his urge to do this, though.

Your brother, OTOH, doesn't get much sympathy from me.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your brother, OTOH, doesn't get much sympathy from me.
Yeah...we're not really talking to each other right now because of this. I offered him some advice and he was a real jerk to me about it. So I sent info to my dad and asked him to please please please at least watch over this dog.

As for the mix, I'm thinking Pomeranian X Chihuahua X pug mixes. I can't even imagine what that would look like. Neither has been forthcoming with information about where they got the dogs from but I've stopped asking because I'm sure I don't want to know...

LOL, I just googled "pomachug" and got only 3 hits from the whole internet! Two of them are this thread. hahahaha

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
i have no serious advice on the topic at hand, but all i can think of is someone chugging that POM pomegranate juice.... the designer mutts have some crazy names.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Wow! I hope your Dad does keep tabs on the little one. :)

As for designer names .... I was looking to see what Eddee could possibly be mixed with other than Schnauzer ... and I counted 33 different designer breed mixes and names ....Poor Miniature Schnauzers are being all twisted!

http://www.designermixes.org/breed_list/100/miniature_schnauzer_mixes.aspx

I don't even know where to begin! :(

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Makes you wonder how you ended up being such a good dog owner with your dad as your dad! Hope the pup will be ok!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Makes you wonder how you ended up being such a good dog owner with your dad as your dad! Hope the pup will be ok!
I read a ton and analyze everything is how. But yes, I often wonder how I came about when compared to my family and siblings! ;p When friends meet them for the first time they almost always comment on how different we are.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I read a ton and analyze everything is how. But yes, I often wonder how I came about when compared to my family and siblings! ;p When friends meet them for the first time they almost always comment on how different we are.
No, say it isn't so! LOL, there's a reason we're on a couple forums together, we both like to read about dogs!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts