Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

My brother is in the Coast Guard, and a few months ago his crew did an unorthodox rescue. A pilot and her co-pilot--her dog--had crash landed in a marsh and were in need of assistance. The USCG came and made the rescue and shot footage of it (standard; they have cameras in the helicopters), and Animal Planet found out and used their rescue in the newest episode of Untamed and Uncut!

My brother was the flight mechanic (he's the guy that raises and lowers the basket), and got interviewed and a lot of screen time. They ended up having to hoist the dog up in the basket with the owner, he said it was one of the scariest hoists he's been a part of because the dog was flipping out and he's a HUGE dog lover.

I'm so proud! He's a hero AND a celebrity!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm pretty jealous. I watch channels like animal planet, the history channel, and the discovery channel all the time. I wonder if I might catch any of that in the future.

Well, in any case, that sounds really cool and congratulations to the both of you.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was on tonight; I'm sure they'll be showing it for a while. I know it'll be on again tonight at 11 central time. IT's the last segment in it. :)

Thanks though! I'm just excited/proud!

·
Registered
434 Posts
It was on tonight; I'm sure they'll be showing it for a while. I know it'll be on again tonight at 11 central time. IT's the last segment in it. :)

Thanks though! I'm just excited/proud!
I would be too. Those kinda stories always have me tearing up and thinking that not all people are bad :). I always end up admiring the guy who went the distance just to rescue an animal when many people would say just forget the animal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts