Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Just thought I would share some pics of my pack!

My 6 y/o Shiba Inu named Cash, and my currently 14 w/o Australian Kelpie/Border collie mix (looks purebred Kelpie!) Anyone else own these breeds?

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very, Very certain ;). I met the mommy and him when he was still nursing...I didn't meet the Dad whom he looks like, but the mother was definitely border collie, apparently she was part border collie and part australian shepherd, but she looked %100 Border collie, so I'm not totally accurate by saying he is 1/2 Kelpie and 1/2 BC, cuz ther eis some aussie in there too, but its too confusing when everyone always asks "What is he!?!" its just easier to say Kelpie and BC cross lol. The entire litter looked like the Kelpie.. out of 7 pups, NONE of them had a hint of B/C features. all brown/tan, black/tan, black/white, fawn/tan short hair, big eared Kelpie looks!

Thanks btw, I think he is a pretty neat lookin pup too! He gets tons of compliments ...although, everyones guesses are either Min Pin or Doberman LOL . Kelpies must be pretty rare because I have not met a single person that knows of them.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are pictures of dogs that closely resemble Thumpers parents.

I've only seen pictures of Thumpers Dad, and met his Mom in person.. she is an all black BC/Aussie mix with a bit of white on her face/chest. The pic is the only one I could find that closely resembles what she looked like.

The brown/tan Kelpie is pretty much spitting image of Thumpers Dad, by the pictures i've seen anyway.

Liam_01.jpg kelpie3.jpg

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, both Thumper's parents were under 50lbs, I think the Mom was around 35-40lbs and the dad I think was around 40-45 lbs. Thumper is currently around 25-30lbs, but I will know for sure tomorrow when he goes to the vet for his last puppy booster. The last time he was at the vet about 4 weeks ago he was 22 lbs. I dont expect him to be a very big dog. He's 5 months old now, and maybe just a wee bit taller than my Shiba who is approx 15" tall, so if i had to take a well educated guess, i'm going to put my bets that he wont exceed 22" tall, and 45 lbs.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thumper updates! Taken yesterday. Went to the vet on Wednesday and he was 23 lbs! A lot lighter then I thought. I just checked and he's actually only 4 months currently, I thought he may have been a bit older by now lol. I think his growth rate is throwing me off lol. photo (2).jpg photo1.jpg photo.jpg

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Either way, he's getting a bit too big to be sitting in my lap, but that doesn't seem to stop him, I dunno what it is but that puppy loves to sleep in my lap no matter how uncomfortable he looks

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well its been a while since i've posted some updated pics! Cash of course looks the same but my little Thumper is now 6 months old!!

photo 8).jpg photo (4).jpg photo (3).jpg photo (6).jpg

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
They are beautiful! I really love Thumper's eyes.........actually just Thumper in general. :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thumper is an interesting dog.. It is amazing that he looks purebred Kelpie, all of his littermates looked purebred Kelpie too.. Its likely cuz his Dad is purebred so I guess he had the dominant genes compared to the border collie/aussie mom. He has the energy and witt of all 3 breeds combined that's for sure, Loves to be busy, very obedient.. and he is quite small. I was expecting him to be quite a bit bigger but at 6 months old he's approx 25lbs and not much taller than my shiba. I'm curious to see how much more he will grow.

His eyes are pretty crazy.. they change colors..outside they are light greenish blue, inside they are yellowy green.. obviously because of the sunlight they look more blue..

You wouldn't believe how many people at the dog parks say "OMG look at that him he's a mini pinscher isn't he?".. LOL.

Kelpies are not very common here that's for sure, and the ones that do exist likely are never seen because they are working on farms and ranches.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all ;) Cash and Thumper say thanks too!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts