Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, excuse the silliness of this question...But I am just curious.

My Yellow lab is about 12 weeks old. Most of the time he does not have testicles that show...Assuming they haven't descended yet....BUT sometimes like when I get him out of the crate after being gone he will roll over and he will have a set of testicles...Later they will be gone again. What gives should I be concerned.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
During development, the testicles descend through a canal from the abdomen to the scrotum. At your puppy's age it's normal for them to sometimes kind of slip back up into the end of that canal from time to time. But once they've appeared, they're down/dropped and it's nothing to worry about. They'll stay put better as he gets older.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
I took a six month old Shih Tzu x in to be neutered. When I phoned later, they said they could not neuter him as his testicles were not down. I raised this dog from a puppy and there was no doubt they were there. I went in to the Vet, lifted him up and told the Vet, what are those? She mumbled that sometimes when they are upset, they can pull them up. They went ahead and neutered him with no problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts