Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted a 1 year old beagle about a year ago, when I got her she was scared to death of EVERYTHING! She has majorly warmed up to me, and is very attached to me now, but is extremely scared of my boyfriend. He has never hurt her or even been mean to her at all. Whenever he is around she cowers down and shakes until he leaves the house. I hate seeing her this way and I have tried to get her to trust him by letting him take her for jogs, giving her treats (which she wont take from him) and letting them lay next to each other on the couch! Nothing is working!! I'm starting to feel guilty because most of my time is spent trying to comfort her instead of giving him any attention! I need help!! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I would say to just stop comforting her. Don't force her to do anything, either--just be matter of fact and pretend she's acting normal. Have your boyfriend casually drop treats in her direction, but don't hover around to see if she'll take them. He's just the Human Treat Ball, that's all! Too much fussing can make a dog more nervous.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts