Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby is getting spayed tomorrow morning. Dropping her off between eight and nine in the morning. I am dreading it. I always do. We are taking this opportunity to go see our son out of town overnight. This way we can take the other dog with us and stay in a motel (Super 8 is great). I would not feel right taking the pup to a motel yet. She may tear the place apart. Then my son-in-law will pick her up in the morning and take her to our house and put her in the crate until we get back in late morning or early afternoon. Now I am wondering if she will be all right by herself in the crate on Saturday. I have already just called the vet's for something else and hate to call back.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
So your son-in-law will pick her up Saturday morning, and you'll be home with her later that morning or early afternoon? If it's later that morning, I would say it's probably OK. The sooner the better, though, since I'm sure she'll be feeling the aftereffects.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since I have posted, I have called the vet's office (couldn't stand it) and they said she should be watched so I have bribed my son-in-law with M & M cookies, our food, playing Wii, watching movies at our house until we get home. Thought it might be easier at our house since they have a dog and the dogs would get wound up at our house.

Besides I am watching their dog in another week or so for a week at our house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts