Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Almost two weeks ago I adopted a mix from the shelter, Kiko. She is some kind of Border Collie x Catahoula x Blue Beeler x Husky x Terrier (We think Terrier because she is only twenty pounds) mix. A trainer at Petsmart suggested Husky because of A) her eyes and B) She makes legitiment husky noises. It's really cool.

Anyways, a few days ago I was at a friends house because Kiko really loves her Lab, Toby. We had let them out to play in the backyard, which is fully fenced. We were having lunch and talking, and after about thirty minutes we went outside to play with the dogs. But, they were GONE!

Obviously, we were freaking out. Toby is a known runaway when he gets out, even though my friend has had him for years. He comes back evenutally, but Kiko wasn't even familiar with this house. So we ran inside to get our shoes, and as we opened the front door to rush out, Kiko comes bouncing in, followed by Toby a few minutes later!

I was so proud of Kiko for not leaving, she is very people orinated, and even though I've only had her for about two weeks she is very attatched to me. I'm also glad she kept Toby in line and made him stay!

We're thinking one of my friends younger siblings may have left the gate open, she's put locks on them since then and enforced some new rules.

217927_193646944102311_548310423_n.jpg

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Not to jump on you but you REALLY shouldn't be leaving two dogs alone together unsupervised who barely know each other, on top of you hardly knowing your new dog either. So many bad things could have happened to both dogs.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
She's lovely! Congratulations on your new adoption! I am so happy to hear that it's going well!

I also would not ever leave dogs together unattended. I also won't leave one outside. Ever. Fights and escapes are too big of risk. My dogs hang out in a fenced yard and play together all the time, but it's while I am watching. Might be something to consider.

Your dog is gorgeous! Love on her and enjoy her! She looks wicked smart! Bet she's a ton of fun!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good thinking you guys, I'll make sure I keep my eye on the two next time! I'm very proud she didn't leave, but if I had been watching them I wouldn't of had to worry about it in the first place!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Live and learn.

Um, I think I looked at her eyes for a little too long, could you ask her to give me my soul back?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She does have rather 'intense' eyes, and definelty doesn't photograph innocently because of it. But, she's very sweet and has returned you soul.
:>

·
Registered
943 Posts
She's very pretty! Only 20 lbs?? That's pretty small to be a cat/husky mix IMO.. but I guess ya never know, right? The blue eyes could also come from many other breeds.. border collie, australian shepherd, mini american shepherd... etc. She almost looks like she could be australian shepherd or mini american shepherd mixed with a heeler or BC .. regardless, she's adorable! Congrats :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts