Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
i just got a 23 weeks Maltese Puppy (boy) 2 days ago, he had been on trained to use Pads from his original breeders ad as follow is my situation:
The first day he was with us, he flew to NY and after we have arrived home i took him out to release himself, but it didn't happened, (but i have discovered that he never had a leash , but he has quickly adapted to it.)
After and hour or so he did Pee outside around 6pm, he ate his dinner, drink water, took him out again at 12am but he didn't pee

Day 2: He woke up at 6am, he didn't pee the entire night because all his newspaper were dry and NO pee stain in any of them. So i took him outside in my backyard, but nothing.
Came back home, had his b'fast (ate just 1/3 of his bowl) took him out again but nothing again.
Then i left to go to work.
Around 10:30 my son called me that he Poop in the house, and then he peed twice in the wee wee pads after i confined him in a small laundry room that is connected to my kitchen.
At 3~4 pm he did pooped and peed outside, but i am not completely sure because i wasn't there and this my 10 yr old who told me.
At 4.30 i came back home to take him to the Vet, until 7 pm we were out, and he didn't pee or pooped. Once Home i went in backyard, again no pee no poo.
Dinner ( he ate 80% of his food) , took him out for a 30 min walk, sniffing all over but never peed or pooped.
Now we are eating and i put him in his crate, he was crying but i didnt give in, told him to "quiet" and "to sit" he calm down , after we finish dinner i took him out again, but nothing.
Sleeping time, he cried inside the crate, when he calmed down i took him outside for last chance. Nada !!

Back to crate, to sleep next to my bed, he was OK

Didnt cry at all during the night, woke up at 6.30, out for a long 40 min walk. NO PEE NO POO !!!
How is it possible that after his last pee around 4pm ( 14 hrs) he doesn't have to pee???
His crate is quite small and he has a pillow on it, so i cannot see if he did pee inside the crate, which i doubt, or am i wrong? I did read that dog dont pee or poo inside the crate.....

:rockon: MY SON JUST CALLED ME, HE JUST PEED OUTSIDE, HE SAW THE PEE ON THE CONCRETE :rockon:

BUT I STILL NEED HELP

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Help with what, exactly? If the dog doesn't need to go to the bathroom, you can't make it. So what is the question here?

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
He obviously can. Unless, of course, the dog eliminated without your knowledge at some point during that sixteen hours.

Any dog which is new to a household should visit a vet within the first few days of arrival. When you take your new pup in to the see the doctor, make sure you mention this issue so that the vet can rule out any medical problems. If you need potty training tips, check out the sticky in the training forum!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is he eating and drinking enough, and eating in scheduled time? For pottying outside, with my dog we had some trouble to get him do it coz he was sick and we could only take him out to potty when he was 6 months old. He would even hold it 'till we get home. But then with consistency (supervision, interruption and taking him out as much as we could and whenever he seemed to need it), and by using a flexi lead, he got used to do it outside after some time.

If you're worried you can take pup to vet to see if he's fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts