Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone here....

I'm having my cute lab puppy,Mili. She is 3 months old and in good health condition with regular vet check and vaccination. My problem is that she is not barking in a regular sense. With all honesty, i only heard her barking when once she was playing with spoons. You can see it here :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_EPu_kLeJI

Other than that i never heard her barking. If you noticed in the video, there is a strange nature in her bark.
This makes me bit nervous. Can anyone please advise on how to handle this? Everyone's opinion are most welcome...(sooo many grammar errors...sorry, English is not my first language)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I didn't watch all of the video, but her bark seems totally normal to me. Very playful.

Neither of my dogs really barked when they were that young. I actually remember bragging back when Marley was around that age that she was sooooo quite and would never be a barker. Ha! Boy was I wrong! (Marley was my first dog, so I really had no idea.) I wouldn't worry about it.

She is very cute, btw :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
My dog was pretty quiet until about the four month mark and then became a bit more vocal. At 6-7 months became even more vocal and that has steadily increased even more. Don't worry about it, because for all you know you might want to be turning back time if you find he's actually a dog that likes to bark just to hear it ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
My great danes bark is still puppyish from time to time and she's 8 months old. I think it takes some dogs longer to find their voice, don't worry about it. There may be a point when you miss the quite phase.

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
She's very cute. As others said, most puppies don't start barking much until they're older. Her bark is a perfectly normal puppy bark.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Also, dogs are like people, sometimes they don't have the voice you would expect. My dog has the voice of a dog 3x his size. His bark is so big and deep, the first time we heard it, my husband and I both looked around for the barking dog. Once, my dog and I passed a Great Dane in a car. The Dane started barking, a tiny, high-pitched bark, and Kabota responds with his big, deep bark, and all I could do was laugh.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It defiantly deepens on the dog. Bear has been barking since he was 8 weeks old and we came to get him. He has different barks depending on if he is trying to be fierce or if he is excited about someone coming home. You can tell if it's someone he knows by the tone of his bark. Your puppy has a very normal puppy bark. Are husky on the other hand never barks instead he howls. But only if he is locked somewhere he doesn't want to be, lost, or supper excited. He never alert barks or howls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts