Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has a tumor in her mouth that has begun bleeding every few days. She has had cancer for more then four years. We had one tumor removed but almost lost her after the surgery, so we don't think its an option anymore. She has many lumps and a big growth on her paw, but up until the last few months she has always been energetic and spunky. Her appetite is great, she goes to the bathroom regularly, sleeps through the night, and goes on several short walks daily. I just wish i could stop the bleeding, and reduce the swelling with out pumping her full of drugs. I have been reading articles all day but there is so much information I need some direction.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
What does your vet suggest?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am taking her in the morning, but tonight it was just really bad so I was looking for help. But I gave her very cold water with ice in it and it helped to stop the bleeding temporarily until the morning.

However i don't see what the vet can say she is an old dog who can not go through another surgery, and radiation therapy will kill her for sure. But I am going anyway and hopefully I will be surprised with a solution. The most I think they can do is give her an anti inflammatory for the swelling and pain killers which will just mess up her stomach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts