Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching a few "It's Me or the Dog" shows and a gift certificate to Petco, my son bought a clicker. I've been having a little difficulty getting my son to interact with Lola more as he finds her a bit stubborn. I personally like verbal praise over treats and clickers however, it seems like a good learning experience for both of them. LOL

Can I just say my son LOVES training his dog with the clicker... He has been using it the whole day and claims it has shortened her reaction time and he's even more interested in trying new tricks as "find it" and "jump" over a book. The clicker is now attached to his wrist and I couldn't be happier with their new found interest.

Now if I can only get him to train her to pick up the house.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you're missing a golden opportunity here. Just clicker-train the kid to pick up around the house!
George... don't give away my secret! I have been secretly using a quieter bell like sound from the PC to mark the times they pick up their dishes and put them in the sink as well as pack their back pack :D I hope it works subliminally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts