Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my puppy 2 weeks ago and the first 3 nights he cried at 4am and 7am. I noticed at those times he would poop and pee on his potty pads and would be up wanting to play. I asked my friend who ownes 2 yorkies which i have, he told me at night just to ignore him eventually he would stop crying at night. So we did that. By the 5th night he actually stopped crying for us. He has been good about this for the rest of the time that we have had him, all up until last night he started crying again and at the same time 4am and 7am. Why is he doing this agian? Please help me to understand what is going on.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Probably still needs to potty! If he wakes you up, take him straight outside to potty. If he doesn't go within 5 minutes then put him back in the crate (assuming you're crate training?).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Small breed puppies do not have big bladders and it seems your pup is wanting to toilet so you will need to get up to him.

Crate training is a basic must so if you are not using a crtae I suggest you do so, soonest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts