Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got him off of someone for free when he was 8 weeks. The vet papers he came with say he's a " 1/2 horder collie 1/4shepherd (didnt say what kind) and 1/4 lab. I asked the vet and he said he thinks he is some sort of terrier. Everyone else says he looks like a lab, or a pug lol. What do you think he is? :biggrin1: He's about 10 lbs.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Wow, what a sweetheart! I'd say pug x lab mix. I'm not seeing border collie or shepherd of any kind at all. (Usually "shepherd" means GSD, and nope, not there.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, what a sweetheart! I'd say pug x lab mix. I'm not seeing border collie or shepherd of any kind at all. (Usually "shepherd" means GSD, and nope, not there.)
That's what the vet said! And that's what I'm thinking, definitely no bc or gsd. I'm thinking of getting him a dna test cause I reallly want to know!

·
Registered
943 Posts
He's 10 lbs at 10 weeks? Hmm tough call. He looks fairly small though, off the bat he sort of looks like a JRT/Boston Terrier mix, but if he's going to be bigger than those breeds then I'd say its possible he's a lab mix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's 10 lbs at 10 weeks? Hmm tough call. He looks fairly small though, off the bat he sort of looks like a JRT/Boston Terrier mix, but if he's going to be bigger than those breeds then I'd say its possible he's a lab mix.
He's not that small, some of these pictures are him at 8 weeks old when we brought him home haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rex actually looks like my Roxy! I'll post pictures of her in another breed guess thread! With her, we have no clue what she is.

·
Registered
943 Posts
He's not that small, some of these pictures are him at 8 weeks old when we brought him home haha.
Well in that case, maybe i'll go with a Boston Lab guess. He's still smaller at 10 weeks then my Border collie/Kelpie mix was at 10 weeks, so id' have to say there's something "small" in there somewhere.

Check this out.. http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images17/BostonLabStella1.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/b/bostonlab.htm&usg=__WVVEsgQOnA0emYbZXM4w9llWgkU=&h=365&w=300&sz=32&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&tbnid=rbFMbjFGvpJvCM:&tbnh=121&tbnw=99&ei=XYgMT8mfF6HX0QGziK3bAw&prev=/search?q=lab+boston+terrier+mix&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&gbv=2&tbm=isch&um=1&itbs=1

and please post more pictures as he grows.. They're a bit easier to tell as they mature! He's cute though btw :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well in that case, maybe i'll go with a Boston Lab guess. He's still smaller at 10 weeks then my Border collie/Kelpie mix was at 10 weeks, so id' have to say there's something "small" in there somewhere.
and please post more pictures as he grows.. They're a bit easier to tell as they mature! He's cute though btw :)

Wow that looks just like him! good find! I definitely will post more pics of him as he grows ;) And thanks!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm gonna say he looks like alot of Boxador puppies I've seen posted. Very, very cute. My Border/Jack weighs only 15 lbs and her brother weighs 18 lbs so at 10 weeks 10lbs may be a substantial weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts