Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been a while but I just want to say....

I JUST GOT MARRIED. :rockon:

I have been wearing a promise ring for the past 7 years. We've talked about NOT getting married until the house is paid off (I know, long years of waiting, but I'd rather wait than NOT have a roof on my head). But obviously, my now husband had other plans.

We went to Vegas to attend his sister's wedding. But my DH came prepared. Bringing along an engagement ring with him before we left Canada. During my now sister in law's reception, he took me to the Eiffel Tower replica to watch the Bellagio water show, I took pictures and the second I turned the video camera off, I turned to him and found him kneeling next to me.

I honestly cant remember what he said to me, I've gone deaf. All I could see was the sparkling ring inside this little pretty ring box. My first reaction was "Are you serious? What are you doing? Get up, you're going to get your suit dirty!!!" I know. My answer was lame. But please consider that I was in shock.

My husband is "sweet" but I've long accepted that he is not the "romantic" type. He proved me wrong. He does have a romantic bone. And I found it. No video of the proposal, and to be honest, I am glad. I dont think I can bear to watch my reaction to his proposal. All I knew is that my husband is smart. He took me 460ft up to make sure my answer would be YES. I did not risk saying NO. Falling down would be painful. I'd rather say YES and safely and happily use the elevator on the way down.

And to make this story short... we got married less than 24 hrs later. I did not give him any chance to change his mind. 7 years is long enough. Everyone around us is dying for this moment. :D so yeah, I am now a MRS. And I now share the same last name as my husband, my dogs and our cat. :)

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I read the whole story on FB and it sounded so SWEET! I'm so happy for you. :) Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for all the well wishes :) Getting married did not change anything other than me being legally a MRS. :) And yeah, the coolest part, me and my furkids now all share the same last name... sweeeeeettttt :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts