Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bogie loves water, more than my dad's labby puppy even. He also loves MUD!! At the end of last summer, I needed his kiddie pool for the ducks and it was too late in the season to replace it so he tried to dig out a lake in the back yard. This spring as soon as the pools came out, I bought 2 then I filled in his hole and covered it with mulch then fill a nice new CLEAN pool to start off the summer (well technically spring but we've been wearing shorts since January so, lol it's warm enough for summer here)

So this is his response to my beautifully clean pool of clear refreshing water for him to wallow in...

I guess he thinks if you won't let me go to the mud, I'll bring the mud to the you! sigh, will my floors ever be clean again? lol.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Lol! Bogie is sooo handsome! :) Floors? I gave up on that a long time ago. Now I only scrub them once a week ... unless there is a really bad mess. Lol! It is too hard to scrub the linoleum all the time!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Hahaha, I don't know what it is with dogs and filth, but mine sure liked to be dirty. Preferably with mud. Charlie had a fiasco when we just got him, jumping in a big muddy pool with bananas in his ears, causing my dad not to trust him off leash for a very, very long time. :p And now Mike, who has a love for mud too. As the saying goes; white shepherds aren't entirely white most of the time. This is a picture I took the day before yesterday:

Mike is vies!.jpg

Yuck, you better believe he spent the entire afternoon in the backyard drying in the sun after I washed him thoroughly. Still, the smell of the dirty mud lingers in his coat...

I personally find it fun to watch him having a ball, but the coming home part is not so fun for obvious reasons that you're dealing with as well, haha :p Will the floors ever be clean?

For some reason, he prefers muddy water over clean water. :doh:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Holly loves mud and any water, as long as the water isn't in the bath that is!, today she jumped in a pond, here she is in January of this year, playing in a nice big puddle.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I was going to say it must be a boy thing, but then the last poster has a female dog. I guess they just like to get dirty, lol. Nice pics, but I'm glad my dog is small as I can see the work you guys have to do on your larger breeds. Luke will do the same thing. And his paws won't be white, he'll be a black and white dog.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I was going to say it must be a boy thing, but then the last poster has a female dog. I guess they just like to get dirty, lol. Nice pics, but I'm glad my dog is small as I can see the work you guys have to do on your larger breeds. Luke will do the same thing. And his paws won't be white, he'll be a black and white dog.
She is no lady though, while she loves mud and water, she will also sleep on her back, often with her legs as wide open as she can get them, i love that Holly loves water though, although not so much when she went in this stream, she came out black all over and smelling of fish, surely she is not the only girl that does this though, although saying this my old dog was a Lurcher and a female, she would go in the sea but not very deep, and that's about the only water she did like, my auntie's BC is a female and does not like any water at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, oh I know I gave up on clean floors long ago too, I just like to pretend that my floors will one day be beautiful and shiny! :p and that I won't find hair on my clothes or in my sandwich, lol. It helps me to just live in that fantasy world where 'one day' I will have discovered the secret to a clean house full of dogs, lol.

The funniest part is that as a pup this dog hated to even get his feet wet! lol. It only took one bad rain storm/flood with a mad race/wrestle session plus another hot day with a cool kiddie pool to change all that. It amuses me to no end that he just LOVES his pool, I just have to laugh that it will never ever be as clean as the day I brought it home!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She is no lady though, while she loves mud and water, she will also sleep on her back, often with her legs as wide open as she can get them,
LOL this is Bogie's favorite sleeping position! he often air dries his unmentionable parts! lol. It often amazes me how they can sleep with hind legs spread eagle, front legs facing one way and their head facing the other! It just doesn't look all that comfy!!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Last Sunday on our weekly walk in the country, Toby found the stinkiest most stagnant mud puddle possible and ROLLED in it! I've never seen him roll in a puddle before. I decided not to wash him but to just let the mud dry and brush it out. . .and he still has mud caked in random places. He's never been happier :p.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts