Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving out to Greensboro next month and was wondering if anyone had any useful dog knowledge for North Carolina as far as liscencing or what they should be protected against. My dogs are all on Heartworm preventatives but there is not a big flea/tick problem in Denver but I imagine with the humidity they will be needing that as well, but is there anything else? Does NC have any BSL laws? I tried researching myself, but came up empty. Thank you for any help offered.

Kai

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I just googled that last week to see about my dog in Ohio. I googled " BSL in 2011 for NC." I looked for you and there seems to be one that passed for White Sulfur Springs on 7/1/2010 for Pit bulls, Rottweilers, and Dobermans. You can further investigating if you wish. But that was the only one I saw listed for NC.

There was also an article on there about a fatal attack in Warsaw in January and the BSL was proposed but I believe did not pass for that county.

You can also look it up on "BSL Tracker".....information by States.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I live in Greensboro!!

We do heartworm so no issues there, we have not had any fleas/ticks this year but my parents dog has out in the suburbs, and I assume we just got lucky because her dog has played with mine, and I am sure plenty of dogs at the park have them.

I am not sure what BSL laws are so I can't help you there.

It's a pretty good area for dogs, where about in town are you moving? We have a pretty good dog park, an expensive but nice pet store with the usual foods that are popular here, along with bullies, grooming in the back, etc.

If you have any questions feel free to message me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts