Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new phone with a pretty sweet rebate on it.

send in x paperwork filled out with the ups code on the phone's box and get your money back....

except that my #=!!)#/#/\\$6+&:mad:,!#,!!!ing mother decided she was going to clean up my papers without telling me...and threw x paperwork away.

I have asked her repeatedly NOT to do this kind of thing.
she never listens.

and now she just lost me a couple hundred dollars.

this is EXACTLY why I have asked her time and time again NOT to do this crap because she doesn't know what she is looking at and might throw away something important! *bangs head against wall*

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....I want to scream at her. I really really want to scream at her.

/rant

·
Registered
437 Posts
If it makes you feel any better my hubby threw away the paperwork for my rebate on the phone I purchased last week. Yes, a couple o hundred bucks out to the trash. The most ironic part of this is that he actually cleaned something up, go figure?:rolleyes: I am not sure if I should be thanking him or screaming at him.

Sorry about your rebate though. Any luck it can be fetched out of the trash?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ooh, that's frustrating. I'd ask the store if they can give you a duplicate receipt and paperwork -- I've done that before and it worked great! Otherwise, tell Mom she owes you $200! :D

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Mothers, Sheesh! lol!

I understand your pain, I really do, that has happened to me countless times, not from my mother, but my ex-Boyfriend's mother. -.- She took it upon herself to pack our belongings and lost numerous important papers, checks, jewelry... You name it.

Suggestion: Next time you have important papers, instead of taking the time to file them immediately, grab a nearby folder and mark it IMPORTANT: DO NOT TOUCH AND/OR THROW AWAY! THANKS! That's what I've done and it's seemed to work thus far with my own mother. : P

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Julie does stuff like that a lot. It irks me to no end. We have had numerous dicussions about her not tossing stuff that isn't hers or that she doesn't know what it is. She has improved greatly in the last 5 years so hopefully she will continue on that trend:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts