Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just some pictures I took on our morning hike. I brought my phone with me cause last week I ran into some interesting wildlife but no luck today. Guess I had to settle for my dog :p

Anyways I've never did this but I figure since I got pictures, why not see what people come up with for what he could be. The shelter pretty much put him as a "husky mix" to help get him adopted.

just chillin

"Hurry up"

Here's one for a sense of scale. That a 1L/32oz bottle next to him. He's not very big.

Getting a drink afterwards

Here's some more of when we got to the top.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I see a hound mix. Maybe a little bit of terrier in the face. Not sure what else. He reminds me a bit of my girl who is most likely a beagle/rat terrier/??? mix. :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
One of my Sisters had a dog who looked very similar and topped out at about 25 - 30 pounds. Her dog came from a litter of Beagle/G Shepherd mixed pups on a farm. The owners took them to the shelter. :(

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys. He weighs in at around 34lb but he's never been the leanest dog. I've had a few people tell me he looks like he has beagle in him but he never barks or bays or anything. Well....he'll kinda bark when he sleeps. He does get pretty easily distracted by scents and can be pretty stubborn about smelling something. He likes to lick things he's smelling and really bury his nose in it so I can't tell if he just doesn't have an great sense of smell or just really likes smelling things completely. He also never really cares about people coming home. I have to go find him and greet him when I get home......-__-

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I see flat irons!! I miss Colorado :(

I'm not seeing any husky, but some husky mixes don't look husky at all (hello Squash, for example). I am seeing terrier in the face.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I see rat terrier x beagle. Or some sort of terrier x some sort of hound. Cute!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Awesome pictures!

He may very well be a husky mix...I've seen a lot of Alaskan Huskies with his type of coloring on their face. I'm seeing some hound too...other than that, I got nothin'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts