Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a morning!

Was driving Bella to Daycare this morning before work, and a little dog ran out into the road from someone's driveway. This is a busy road with messed up intersections...I didn't even think twice about stopping and helping the little guy.

I had to stop in the middle of the road to stop traffic and try and catch the dog (hoping someone would help). As I was getting out of the car, I nearly stepped right on this little black & tan CKC Spaniel looking up at me and smiling! He tried to hop right in my car, and I would have just let him, but Bella was going freaking ballistic!

So, I scooped up the dog, shoved Bella back in the car and shut the door.

Now what?? I had traffic stopped, but couldn't get back in my car with the dog to pull over to the side!

I looked pleadingly to the car that was stopped behind me, so he pulled over and got out. And it's someone I work with! Haha!

"DAVE! Thank God! Help?!" So, while I pulled the car over, he took the dog up to the driveway where I saw it come from, and gave it back to a very relieved older couple.
(I'm totally freaked out and Bella's not helping still barking her fool head off)

Whew!! I'm so glad the little guy didn't get hurt. And he was soooooo friendly! He gave me tons of kisses while I was standing in the road looking like an idiot...lol.

I'm so grateful Dave was there and people in my area are so understanding and forgiving. If that had been in Boston, I probably would have had stuff thrown at me...LOL

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
That was absolutely wonderful of you to stop and help the little guy out! That poor older couple must have just been terrified and so relieved when their dog was returned unharmed.

You and your co-worker have definitely racked up some good karma points :)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Scary! That's great that you were able to save him! I'm sure his parents are so grateful :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts