Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sigh Isn't California, especially the central valley supposed to be sunny right around this time of year? Geesh. My boys are actually being calm and I'm a jittery wreck (I'm trying to stay calm for the dogs sake, but I have a huge fear of thunder). The puppies aren't picking up on my nervousness, but Kodi knows how I can get during a storm so he's checking on my every so often. Sweet boy <3

Here are the boys, sleeping through the storm.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
If I remember correctly this is the rainiest time of year in SoCal, Not sure about the Central Valley as I've only been through there in late May when there were enomous dust storms rolling through (like 100ft high dust devils). It's funny how everyone thinks California is always sunny and warm, when In fact I've seen some really rough weather there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I remember correctly this is the rainiest time of year in SoCal, Not sure about the Central Valley as I've only been through there in late May when there were enomous dust storms rolling through (like 100ft high dust devils). It's funny how everyone thinks California is always sunny and warm, when In fact I've seen some really rough weather there.
I've lived in Central California my whole life and all I can say about the weather here is unpredictable (sometimes). Maybe the "sunny this time of year" is just me wishful thinking lol. I was 12 years old when I accidentally locked myself out of our apartment during a thunderstorm. My mom went to go pick up my dad from work and my brother was at our grandmothers and I was stuck in the small backyard with no means of contacting my neighbor to use their phone. Sigh. But yeah, I digress. My boyfriend is actually trying to help me get over my fear right now. My dogs seem to like thunderstorms lol

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I'm up in the mountains of NorCal. We're predicted to have up to 4 more feet of snow in the next 3 days. The snow has partially covered a second story window on the lee side of the house. It's too deep to snow shoe or ski with the dogs. They can't even follow in my tracks because they sink to their necks. We've been having to walk on the streets after the cars have gone by so we have a track to walk in.

This has been a HUGE winter for us. The snowpack is over 150% of average. The Lake Tahoe ski resorts are reporting over 600 accumulated inches of snow for the season. That's 50 FEET. I am so done...

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Yeah you know it's bad when It's snowed in downtown San Diego >.< . I guuess of it's been this intense a year it's expected that spring would bring some serious boomers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am in Santa Cruz. It has been raining here nonstop since when? Since that radiation cloud went into the air in ****ushima. I am having a hard time not seeing a coincidence here.

·
Registered
849 Posts
My Golden has always been frantic during thunderstorms. "They" say it is the drop in barometric pressure that unsettles them (migraines for me-fun), but I have noticed that since she has been quite hard-of-hearing with age- that she barely reacts anymore. She will still panic if she sees a flash of lightening, but as long as window blinds are closed and there are no pee breaks needed outside- she's fine.
Good for your pups that they do not seem to mind. It doesn't bother my boyfriend's JRT a bit. I once had a wolf-dog who would calmly curl up beneath the kitchen table (she never went under there at any other time) and just stay there until the storm was over. I admired how dignified Sheba could be in her discomfort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts