Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So its been awhile since ive been on here, I have 2 dogs Mr.Big and mooshoe well mr.bigs a year and a half and moosh is about 10 months, theyve always gotten along up until about 2 weeks ago then they started getting really aggressive towards one another mainley mr.big well it ened up getting ugly mr.big almost chewed out moos eye and apperntley the vet says he also tryed to chew his testicales off as well. which we wernt aware of. ok long story short we took moosh to get neutered and they had to cut open his tummy to find one of his testies because he only dropped one. so poor moosh came home with 5 differnt places they cut on his belly and is very bruised in his surrounding area.. its been 7 days and he wont walk or come out of his kennel with out us picking him up and taking him outside holding him he wont go to the bathroom unless hes scared or excited . the vet says hes tramatized and is pretty much milking it. to just leave him alone and he'll come around when hes ready. im just concerned why he wont walk normaly or the possibility that he may be in the kennel way to much. I agree he is quite tramatized. any suggestions on what we should do? SORRY THIS IS SO LONG ..

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
A cryptorchid neuter IS pretty traumatic, my cousin's kitty was a full cryptorchid, and the vet had to cut him in 3 places to find both testes. But he recovered about in the same time frame as a female cat that's been spayed. So your dog should be showing signs of recovery.....most spayed females are feeling better in a week or so. Though if he's bruised (not normal for spays), he might still be in considerable pain. You might want to ask your vet about getting a week or two worth of doggy painkillers.

Will he walk at all? Is he still scared of Mr. Big? After a fight like that, he might be intimidated by him.

Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well he might be truamatized from the dog fight and the surgery. Or he could be sick...puppies that have surgery may get sick afterwards because their immune system is down and they can get sick easier. Just make sure the area is not inflamed and make sure the place where his testicles used to be arent swollen or red. If so, he may have an infection and needs to go to the vet!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks.. its has been quite an experience. today hes seems more like him self but he still wont come out of his kennel on his own its really weird, he seems completley fine with all the cuts and the whole surgery thing finally I know it was harder for him because of the bruising on his testies guess mr big got him pretty good. I dont think hes sick, just scared the poor dear. im urging him to walk more now he still wont walk he can, he just refuses to he jolts then stops then just sits I think it was more for the pain and him getting scared but know its just hes to nervous to try but he seems to be in no pain at all hes wagging his tail he loves squishing his lil nose in my face and he seems very happy and content when im with him but as soon as hes done its right back in the kennel It MAKES ME NERVOUS THE TIME HE SPENDS IN THERE but its kinda a blessing at the same time since he and mr big wont get along . theyre now growling and getting aggressive threw the kennel im so upset i dont want to loose either one of them but if theyre never going to get along agian I dont have a choice ...

so im wandering if his lack of willingness to do anything has to do with the anistesia my vet says hes just milking it and to keep giving him the pain meds im really not a big fan of meds but if it helps him get threw this easier then Im willing to use them longer but I dont think hes in pain so I feel bad giving them to him and im not sure if hes intimidated by big or theyre both trying to be the alpha male Big was here first so I can see that i guess big also suffers from small dog syndrome didnt think that was real but I found out that it is haha it makes things alot harder with him trying to dominate everybody ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts