Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Mom of Two Aussie Dogs

156 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  beckashine 
#1 ·
Hello all! I found this forum while searching for crate training info. We got our first puppy last Friday, Sept 30th. He is a 7 week old male stubby tail cattle dog named Ozzy. So far crating is going well! He sleeps through the night in his crate as long as we do not put him up earlier than 11 p.m. We also have a 7 or 8 year old red stubby tail female named Domino who adopted us one day while my husband and I were out for a walk. We lived in a rural area at the time. She followed us home and has been with us the past 5 years. I always thought she was a typical red heeler with a docked tail but after meeting the breeder of our puppy and meeting his mom, we realized that she is actually a stubby tail cattle dog as well! The two breeds look so alike! I absolutely love these Australian dogs. Domino is so smart and loyal. We have two young children that she loves to "herd" around the backyard. I am sure our new puppy will fit in to our family nicely. I can't wait to train him and maybe enter some agility competitions with him. I look forward to meeting some new friends who also love dogs! My dogs are definitely my best friends and I am looking forward to raising my new puppy!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.