Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have posted before about how I take care of a bloodhound named lloyd?? Well I went on vacation for 3 days(camping) and when I came back my neighbor re-homed his dog. I have been taking care of the dog for 2 years. Everyday Sunday-Saturday. Owner never did anything for him but by dog food and pay me for taking care of him. He didn't care about him and was going to put him down,anyway. So i am scared of what kind of *home* lloyd went to. I have been trying to find a home for him but it is hard finding a home for an untrained 3 year old bloodhound. I am glad he wasn't PTS but sad about it also. The owner didn't get any info on the person who took him. Doesn't know if he has other dogs, what he will be used for, where he will be living, if fixed or not ect.. I personally think I should have been able to know what kind of home he was going to since i did care for the dog for two years(including buying 100+ dollars of dog food and medicine for fly bite, fleas ect.. when the owner wouldn't ) the owner only took lloyd for puppy shots and bought the food. Didn't walk him, play with him, nothing.

Am I over-reacting? Should I just drop it and be happy he *might* be in a good home?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I think that if you press the issue, you might find out something you don't want to know (I usually find that when someone say they found their dog a new home, the dog was actually shot). So whether you want to know the truth or not is up to you.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that if you press the issue, you might find out something you don't want to know (I usually find that when someone say they found their dog a new home, the dog was actually shot). So whether you want to know the truth or not is up to you.
I do but I don't. Around here shooting your dog happens a lot(remember my thread about my dogs mom and brother getting shot??) it just irks me and I really was bonded with Lloyd(I nick named him Mr.Drools and mr droolers) He answered to that more than Lloyd,lol.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Yeah, it happens a lot around here, too. And they usually tell people they gave the dog away, especially if they think the person will object to their having killed the dog. So, can you make yourself believe he went to a nice new home, or will you worry less if you know he's dead? It's a hard thing.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. I have mixed emotions right now about it. I am just going to believe that he went to a good home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts