Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a toy poodle, she is 15 months old. Before we left for our vacation I had her groomed. Her groomer brushs, baths, and clips her into a puppy cut. The day after we had her groomed I noticed a spot that I thought the clippers may have gotten to close. I assumed it would clear up and the hair would grow back. It has been a little over two weeks and it seems to be getting larger. Missy doesn't seem to be bothered, not scratching or anything. We are not at home so I can't just take her into the vet. Do you think that I should put vaseline on it? Does it take more than a couple of weeks to fill in?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Its hard to say what it is, but not likely something caused from grooming. A warm or hot blade will not be a spot like that. And a clippper blade cannot just make a shorter spot, as it only cuts one length. Wierdmtho. If she isnt licking or bothered by it I would just keep an eye on it. But itmcertainly wouldnt hurt to have it checked at the vet. Vaseline isnt going to help it that I could see, and will prevent air from getting to the skin.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for commenting on missy's problem. I did call our Vet. and he said not to worry it is probably a reaction to her rabies shot. Also, he will see her when we get home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts