Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today I took the boys deer hunting in the woods. They would never actually kill a deer, nor would I. We just like to see and chase them and have a good time. Well, about a hour or so into our walk I was getting sick of carrying my camera. I had already gotten plenty of shots of the dogs skirting around trying to scare up something to chase, so I put my camera away. I swear it wasn't 3 minutes after that we headed up the edge of the woods and wouldn't you know less then 10 feet in front of the dogs 5 big white tail deer come charging out of the woods, snort and run across the field. I grabbed for my camera and then remembered it was put away. Then as the dogs are hot on pursuit I let them go for a few minutes and whistle them back. They turned back ASAP, Thank God but I was so sad that I missed that great shot. :mad: :(
I really need to bet an easier to carry camera. I hate that my camera is so bulky and I tend to miss shots because I don't want to carry it around with me. I just wish I could have gotten that shot. I don't know who looked more surprised the deer or my dogs or me? LOL
It was a good time anyway and I got a few shots.... here they are.

come on Oliver, I think I smell something.

I am coming, I am coming, I have a bad leg remember?

more....

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Quit screwing around, do you have something or don't you?

Over there in the field, can't you smell them, Oliver?

CHARGE!!!

Dang! I thought I had them that time.

more...

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

Alright, let's go ya punk.

Next time...

Yeah, I will get em next time.

Thanks for looking. :)

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Inga those are awesome pictures!! The boys look great and your captions are hysterical. :D

You know don't you that you don't post nearly enough pictures of those 2. :p

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Great pics, Inga! So nice to see your handsome boys :) Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Inga those are awesome pictures!! The boys look great and your captions are hysterical. :D

You know don't you that you don't post nearly enough pictures of those 2. :p

I was trying to remedy that today Reno. Then wouldn't you know? I miss the greatest shot.
I would have loved to get a close up of my dogs faces when they came charging out of the woods in front of them. lol The deer had that usual "deer in the headlights" look on their faces. One snort and they were off. I really should have left poor Oliver at home, he is really sore again now. :(

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Poor Oliver. :(

Got any baby aspirin? That might help him.

Even though you may have missed the 'best' shot, the ones you got were perfect! :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
SPickle is so hard to get a picture of! So on walks I just leave the camera behind. Then today he posed a really cute pose for a really long time and whoopie! I didn't have my camera.... Arg!

I was trying to remedy that today Reno. Then wouldn't you know? I miss the greatest shot.
I would have loved to get a close up of my dogs faces when they came charging out of the woods in front of them. lol The deer had that usual "deer in the headlights" look on their faces. One snort and they were off. I really should have left poor Oliver at home, he is really sore again now. :(
I bet Oliver had a lot of fun today though!!:)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Poor Oliver. :(

Got any baby aspirin? That might help him.

Even though you may have missed the 'best' shot, the ones you got were perfect! :D
Thanks Reno. He is on 75mg of Rimadyl right now. Hopefully he can rest a few days and be better. I feel so sorry for him. He isn't even 4 years old yet.

SPickle is so hard to get a picture of! So on walks I just leave the camera behind. Then today he posed a really cute pose for a really long time and whoopie! I didn't have my camera.... Arg!
Quote:
LOL that is just how it seems to go. :p

Nice pics Inga!!! The view was made perfect by the presence of your boys!!!
Thanks Mudra. It certainly makes me happy to see them running around enjoying themselves. Oliver had a blast today, despite his sore leg.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Your dogs are so handsome...I'm glad to see more pictures! I think you need to post more of Oliver, though :)...most of your pics seem to be of Carsten. I can't wait to get out to our hunting land and get some pics of Bentley in the woods there...I love our WI scenery!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I loved seeing all of those pictures! You got yourself a couple of real handsome boys there Inga!! :D

I hope Oliver gets to feeling better soon! I'm sure the Rimadyl will help him be a little more comfortable while he's recovering from his adventures. Even though he's feeling it now, I'm sure his time out today having fun was well worth it.

What happened to his leg? Is he your rescue that was shot before you got him? :(

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I loved seeing all of those pictures! You got yourself a couple of real handsome boys there Inga!! :D

I hope Oliver gets to feeling better soon! I'm sure the Rimadyl will help him be a little more comfortable while he's recovering from his adventures. Even though he's feeling it now, I'm sure his time out today having fun was well worth it.

What happened to his leg? Is he your rescue that was shot before you got him? :(

Oliver was a rescue but he was the one that was kicked around by his owner. He was brought in by his owner to be euthanized because the ACO told him to put him to sleep or get him fixed by a vet. He had a broken jaw and fractured leg. IT had been allowed to heal wrong. He is a great dog.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Oliver was a rescue but he was the one that was kicked around by his owner. He was brought in by his owner to be euthanized because the ACO told him to put him to sleep or get him fixed by a vet. He had a broken jaw and fractured leg. IT had been allowed to heal wrong. He is a great dog.
That poor poor baby! :( It's absolutely disgusting that someone would do that to an innocent dog. :mad:

He's lucky that he had you for his guardian angel. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wish I had those trails around here also.

Beautiful pictures and gorgeous dogs!!! Thanks for sharing your great day!!

I hope Oliver feels better soon, but he does look like he had a lot of fun!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Even though you might have missed the best shots I'm so glad to finally see pictures of your pups! :D Looks like they had a great time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The best picture opportunities always seem to pop up when the camera is put away!! Happens to me all the time ;) LOL!

Great pics though, looks like a fun afternoon!

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
My girls would go absolutely nutso for deer-chasing! Too bad it's never gonna happen x) Really great pics, Inga! You don't post photos half as often as you should.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts