Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, Bayne has a minor pad injury. At least I think it is minor. No blood or anything and not really very deep.

My question is this... the is a flap of skin kinda hanging off but yet it's still firmly attached. Should I tape it up so that he doesn't catch it on something or should I cut the skin off or both? Or do I leave it? There are no vets open today but I could get a hold of one if it's an emergency. I don't think this is an emergency but I'll definitely be calling in the morning. Please let me know what you think.

Here is a pic of it...

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you are going to be calling in the morning anyway I'd just leave it or wrap it lightly for the night.

You can wrap it and then put a sock over the foot to discourage chewing at the wrap if you don't have an e-collar for your pup to wear.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response :)

I will try lightly wrapping it but chances are he'll try to chew on it lol. I don't use e-collars on him as it sends him into panic attacks :( I will try to put a sock on him though.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No better but no worse, I think. He's limping and stuff but it's not raw or infected looking. I talked to my vet's office this morning and they said to keep an eye on it, keep it clean, etc. They also told me to put a little polysporin on it but I haven't done that yet. He licks off anything that I put on his paws. I'm gonna try putting a little on when we go to bed and wrap it lightly and cover it with a sock. I'm hoping that he won't try to really chew on it since we'll all be in bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts