Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just recently got my boy Samson about a week ago. He's currently a 3 and a half month old Mini aussie, but i'm concerned with his proportions. His head appears to be small compared to his body. Do any of you guys have experience with what they're supposed to look like at this age? Could he be a mix? I don't want him to look disproportionate when he's older. He's also around 13 pounds. Does anyone have an idea of how big he's going to get?

Thanks!

Heres a couple of pics.

Mini aussie.jpg Mini aussie 2.jpg Mini aussie 3.jpg Mini aussie 6.jpg

·
Registered
278 Posts
Better pictures would help. from the first picture he almost looks a bit wormy or something, with his stomach looking oversized for the rest of him. But it could just be a funky angle. if you could take pictures with the dog standing straight to the side so you can see the whole dog and get down on the same level as the dog. then also a direct overhead shot then a straight on front shot at the dogs level that would be helpful.
Have you taken him to the vet for a check up yet?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
If you didn't get him from a breeder that focuses on good conformation/structure or if he's from a rescue then they don't always look exactly like the stocky dogs you might see in a google image search.

I've seen a few mini Aussies that have little and narrow heads. A lot of them are kinda.. buggy and weird looking sometimes. Not all breeders care about how they look.. just that they are that breed. Or sometimes they care more about other traits such as color.. size.. whatever sells best. That's just breeders not really paying attention to what they are producing, really.

Keep in mind your dog is still a pup and has more growing and changing to do. He is still cute! Love his color. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MINI AUSSIE BOTTTOM.jpg MINIAUSSIE1.jpg MINIAUSSIE4.jpg MINIAUSSIE5.jpg MINIAUSSIE2.jpg

Heres a couple of more pictures. I apologize if they aren't take well. He's really hard to keep still lol. His head looks fine from the side, it's just his face is a little narrow. I just hope he fills out a little more to where he wont look so buggy lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MINI AUSSIE 55.jpg

Yes i have taken him to the vet. He checked out fine. He estimates that he's going to be around 30-35 pounds, but we will see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts