Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm looking into mini aussie/mini american shepherd in Ontario. This is my first dog and I'm not sure where to start. I don't know anyone around me with this breed and so decided to reach online. I've been looking into them but couldn't find much and have been depending on researching "Australian Shepherd" instead of Miniature American Shepherds. Does anyone own any? Is there something about this breed I should know?

Three breeders I found are Follow Me Canine Companions, Just 4 Paws, and Keecam Miniature American Shepherds. Has anyone worked/know these breeders? Or is there another breeder you would recommend?

Also, (yes, a lot of questions, I apologize) I am planning to reach out to them half a year or so from now (so around two years before getting the dog). Is that too early? Is it okay to ask breeders about the breed itself and discussing if this breed is truly for me before delving into asking about their program in particular? Would they not answer or think I'm annoying? T.T Will breeders work with someone with no experience?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts