Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to give some back round on the dog. My moms dog Mae had an oops litter. My aunt(wel sorta ex-aunt now) talked my uncle into getting a puppy. The dog they took was Charlie and he was the runt. They took him at 8 weeks and basically did 0 training, He knows how to sit and that is about it. So he is kind of "dumb". he could be trained though. He is 1 1/2 now but I still think i could train him. I got my dog tank at 2 and he was/easily easily trained. My uncle is going through A LOT right now and he has never really wanted Charlie anyway. Me and my mom might make my dad mad but how Charlie is now is not right. I am still trying to talk my mom into getting him but we have to wait for the right moment to tell my dad. Charlie needs some socialization and of course obed. training but I think once I get him over that I can easily get him a home. When I walk him people always comment on him about how gorgeous he is. I really won't mind taking him in. Bentley will have a play-mate and leave Tank alone,lol. Tank might not be too happy but he will get over it :D Now to get dad talked into it before I start school again in 3 months.

here is some pics of Charlie. These were taken when he was 6 months. He has gotten a little bit bigger but not much.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
That's kind of you!

An adult dog is easier to train than a puppy. They have longer attention spans and a generally calmer. Charlie just needs some direction is all.

You are certain you can afford the extra expenses? Neutering, vaxxes, flea/heart worms, emergency care? If so, I hope you can take Charlie.

Also, if 3 ends up being too much dog, a trained, cared for dog is a lot easier to place, so you'd still be doing a good thing for Charlie.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We can do it financially. I plan on re-homing. I want to keep him for awhile to train him and work with him then find him a home. He has horrible manners(never taught not to nip, which he does when he gets excited, not to jump ect..) I am comfortable with 2 dogs but I think i can do it. Now that it is summer vacation I do nothing all day,haha. So he will give me a challenge and something to do. Plus I wubs Charlie!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwe ... that is so sweet of you to basically rescue Charlie and give him training and make him a good doggie citizen. He would surely be able to be placed in a good home. He is adorable! :)
'
Good luck ... I hope you can do this ... for Charlie's sake.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Awwwe ... that is so sweet of you to basically rescue Charlie and give him training and make him a good doggie citizen. He would surely be able to be placed in a good home. He is adorable! :)
'
Good luck ... I hope you can do this ... for Charlie's sake.
I know it was an "oops" litter but your Mom's dog was bred just the same, so I think your family has an obligation to this little guy. You won't be rescuing him as much as "taking responsibilty" for a life your family helped create. I am glad you see the importance of taking this dog back and if you put it to your Dad this way I don't see how he can argue that you shouldn't be responsible for rehoming Charlie.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I am saying a few prayers that this all works out or Charlie,,,heck if I were close I would take him !! He reminds me alot of the Terrier, Odie, I lost last spring .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts