Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!

Posting this on here in hopes of reaching more Michigan residents so they can contact their state Senators to get a bill passed. Sounds like there are a lot of anti-Pit Bull people that are trying to make this bill crash and burn, even from out of our state. Using fake Michigan addresses to contact the Senators. Makes me sick.

SB 239 is a bill that would make it illegal to pass laws that are breed specific.

What can you do?

Please email, write, or call your state senator TODAY and ask him or her to vote YES on SB 239. If you or someone you know has been a victim of BSL (Breed Specific Legislation), please tell your senator the story. If you know of a dog that has saved lives or acted heroically, please tell that story. Tell your senator how breed discrimination affects your family and why there is no place in our state for laws that willfully violate residents' property rights and tear apart families. Remind your senator that laws based on fear instead of fact are ineffective and costly. Laws must be based on factual, scientific evidence and there is no evidence that supports BSL.

To find your state senator, click here: http://www.senate.michigan.gov/fysbyaddress.html

Thank you from The Nut House group!
Nubs and Peanut

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I highly advise anyone interested please read the bill before doing anything. This is just a general good idea before reacting to any legisation.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2015-SB-0239
(Sorry safari keeps crashing when I try to insert a hyperlink)
Uh... I wouldn't promote the bill unless I was sure of what it says. The bill is about as simple as it comes. It doesn't take any real power away from the governments, it just doesn't allow local governments to base laws off of a dog's breed. It's about the shortest bill I've seen yet it would save lives and get rid of a ton of headaches.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So everyone should take your word for it without reading it for themselves?

Thanks for the link, Hankscorpio!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or if it's something your interested in, you can do your own research as well.

It's all in the wording instead of making it sound like an attack, they could have posted "here's the link to the bill itself!"

Gosh, trying to get the word out about this bill so we can finally pass an Anti-BSL Bill in Michigan, that's back by both the UKC and AKC, and made to feel like you're doing something horrible by promoting it. Sheesh.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It didn't sound like an attack to me. Just good advice when discussing any bill and a helpful link.

Hopefully more states will follow this example if it is passed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts