1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
OMG that's awesome lmao!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Here in Nevada we have decided that not all fruits and nuts are on the trees in California...

I'm a raw feeder but use Natural Balance rolls cut into chunks for training.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Heehee! Those things are great! I hate messy fingers, NB roll under my nails. ICK

Shaina, you know you carry raw chicken legs in your treat bag when you're training..... :p

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Shaina, you know you carry raw chicken legs in your treat bag when you're training..... :p
Yeah, you don't want to get near my training bag on a hot July day...gets a little goopy in there...

Chicken legs are nice 'cuz they have some weight to them...you can toss them to the dog from across the ring. Distance training, anyone?

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Looks like a good tool and cheap too! I assume it is "dishwasher safe?"

I have been using Spam and Spitting the treats at my dog (it REALLY keeps her focused on my face) when I train. It is disgusting to watch I am sure.. but it works well and my hands do not get slimy and my dog really is focused.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I was actually wondering what raw feeders did for training treats. Do ppl really carry around raw meat? Weird. I wouldn't wanna shake hands, either. That's actually a very cool treat container, though.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
I was actually wondering what raw feeders did for training treats. Do ppl really carry around raw meat? Weird. I wouldn't wanna shake hands, either. That's actually a very cool treat container, though.
Erm, in case it wasn't obvious, I was joking, lol.

I use diced NB rolls (usually lamb), diced cooked meat, and FD liver regularly. When I don't need such a high level reward I'll use bits of leftover veggies, cheese, etc. Their new favorite, which I used to train them to sit on a rug and wait to either have their paws cleaned or to be released (spring mud = bleh) is banana chips, lol.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think raw feeders generally do, but hardcore rawists do exist. I kid you not. There are just better ways of being sanitary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts